Discovery Trailer

Nostalgia Button!!
03-19c-security.gif

Mallus

Legend
I'm only partially ashamed to admit I loved seeing the NCC 1701 at the end.

So after 15 episodes we end (too quickly) with speeches, Styrofoam caves, and Federation values being reaffirmed in a subdued but also planet-saving fashion. That's Trek AF! (AFAIC)

I really enjoyed Orion Crime Town on Qo'noS. Those scenes did an impressive amount of work in addition to being very entertaining (esp. Tilly). "It's a home, too". Loved get hit over the head with that line. Please Star Trek, let subtlety be your undiscovered country.

I've also come to the conclusion Discovery is what you'd get if you hot-glued TNG and Farscape together. This is a compliment (mostly).

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Haven’t seen it yet (it’s in Netflix today, but haven’t had a spare moment). I hear the Enterprise he’s a cameo though. Can not wait to see it!

MarkB

Legend
Good ending. I kind-of wanted a last punch-up between Emperor Georgiou and Michael, but making her see reason was a greater victory in the end.

And yeah, neither a time-travel reset button nor a military solution, but instead one that hinged upon Ash/Voq, L'Rell, and Klingon psychology. I wonder whether that detonator is still around by the TNG era, somewhere amongst the Klingon High Chancellor's regalia as a final bargaining chip of arbitration.

Mallus

Legend
I wonder whether that detonator is still around by the TNG era, somewhere amongst the Klingon High Chancellor's regalia as a final bargaining chip of arbitration.
"Is that a ... Federation iPad in your Sash of Office?"
"Oh this? Yeah. Funny story..."

Jeez, talk about kicking at a football game. Sheesh.

Had their portrayal of LGBT individuals been, well, decent prior then Mirror!Georgiou's bisexuality wouldn't have stood out. But instead they killed/ fridged Culber. So having Mirror!Georgiou being so sexual was eye rolling bad. It's the kind of sex = evil BS that was barely acceptable with Intendant Kira back in 1994. Even Burnham was hit with the moralistic punishment, because shortly after sleeping with Tyler he went all crazy and tried to kill her.
I've seen horror movies with fewer people punished for having sex.

Remove ads