Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

orsal

LEW Judge
Has anyone heard from Halford? It's been a while since he's been online. If not, a question to the judges, is Halford's proposal detailed enough to be successfully run by another DM?

I think so. If someone's interested in taking it on, I could forward the adventure proposal.

Meanwhile, I note that Ends Meat has been in suspension since December 2. Boddynock, you're listed as the judge. Are you still following that? And are any of the players still around? If so, it may need intervention.

I've just emailed Halford to ask if he's planning to come back. If we don't hear from him within a couple days, we'll assume he's gone for good.

Boddynock

First Post
I think so. If someone's interested in taking it on, I could forward the adventure proposal.

Meanwhile, I note that Ends Meat has been in suspension since December 2. Boddynock, you're listed as the judge. Are you still following that? And are any of the players still around? If so, it may need intervention.

I've just emailed Halford to ask if he's planning to come back. If we don't hear from him within a couple days, we'll assume he's gone for good.
Thanks for the heads up. :)

I've posted in the thread, asking people to touch base. We'll see how it goes.

Heckler

First Post

So how do things look here? Do you still need a DM?

I'd be willing to at least take a look at it. I haven't DMed in a while, and never a pbp, but I keep meaning to put something together and run it, I just never get around to it. But if this is already put together (more or less)...

Honestly, the only thing that really concerns me about 3.x is calculating XP and loot. But since I need to run that by a judge anyway, I'm not too concerned. Just don't expect any fancy maps...

Boddynock

First Post
So how do things look here? Do you still need a DM?

I'd be willing to at least take a look at it. I haven't DMed in a while, and never a pbp, but I keep meaning to put something together and run it, I just never get around to it. But if this is already put together (more or less)...
Thanks, Heckler. That'd be great. But you might want to wait a day or two. Only one of the players has responded to the message I posted on the thread, so I've just sent Visitor Messages to the others. Once they get back to me (or not), we'll know if there's a game left to save.

Heckler

First Post
Thanks, Heckler. That'd be great. But you might want to wait a day or two. Only one of the players has responded to the message I posted on the thread, so I've just sent Visitor Messages to the others. Once they get back to me (or not), we'll know if there's a game left to save.
Actually, I was referring to "Lion's 2nd Face," but either one, I guess.:)

Knight Otu

First Post
Yeah, we could just have Joe pop back into the discussion saying he received another sending that the cleric was saved already, though I'd like to see the adventure played out. I actually considered "taking the fall" so to speak to remove Ashnar from the adventure somehow and run the game, but I'd hate to break up The Team.

Boddynock

First Post
I take it there's no judge for Lion's 2nd Face? In that case, it makes sense for Heckler to take that one over, and I'll run Ends Meat. Three of the four players have now indicated that they're around, so it's worth going ahead with that one. I'll just wait a day or two longer for the last player to respond.

So, Heckler, you're free to concentrate on L2F. I've just emailed the adventure summary to you. Make sure you pin down one of the judges to judge the adventure for you - that'll give you a built-in resource for questions on treasure, xp, etc. ;)

By the way, judges, it looks like L2F only received one approval, so I'm officially approving it here! :cool:

Heckler

First Post
Got the L2F summary, thanks 'Nock.

Players, give me a couple days to get organized on my end and we'll (re)start. I'm aiming to get things started Monday.:)

Karm

First Post
Hello, I'm new here (well I haven't been here in like 4 years) I was wondering how we determine the starting gold for new characters. I haven't seen that information anywhere.

Also, does wildshape operate under the original rules or the errata'ed rules (ie. new hps from con of creature?)

Thank you, and I hope to play with some of you soon!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases