Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

covaithe

Explorer
I couldn't find that information either on a quick skim through; I think it used to be at the top of the official character thread, didn't it? Anyway, I'm fairly confident 1st level characters get max gold for their class. E.g. clerics get 200, fighters 240, wizards 120, etc.

Boddynock

First Post
Starting gold (use maximum):
Barbarian: 4d4x10
Bard: 4d4x10
Cleric: 5d4x10
Druid: 2d4x10
Fighter: 6d4x10
Monk: 5d4
Paladin: 6d4x10
Psion: 3d4x10
Psychic Warrior: 5d4x10
Ranger: 6d4x10
Rogue: 5d4x10
Sorcerer: 3d4x10
Soulknife: 5d4x10
Wilder: 4d4x10
Wizard: 3d4x10

Trouvere

Explorer
Starting gold (use maximum):
Barbarian: 4d4x10
Bard: 4d4x10
Cleric: 5d4x10
Druid: 2d4x10
Fighter: 6d4x10
Monk: 5d4
Paladin: 6d4x10
Psion: 3d4x10
Psychic Warrior: 5d4x10
Ranger: 6d4x10
Rogue: 5d4x10
Sorcerer: 3d4x10
Soulknife: 5d4x10
Wilder: 4d4x10
Wizard: 3d4x10
Human and Half-Elf Paragon: as Rogue.
Other Paragon classes: as the race's favored class

Karm

First Post
karm100fists was (i believe) my old screen name. I only played in one adventure, but I lurked a lot. The website looked a lot different then.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the starting gold, I thought that it was probably maximum but I wasn't sure.

Anyone know about the wildshape rule? (I guess it shouldn't matter, but I have to admit I don't pick my starting statistics only for RP reasons :devil:).

Edit: and someone should probably edit the first page of the character thread to include a small note about starting gold.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Edit: and someone should probably edit the first page of the character thread to include a small note about starting gold.
As I understand it, we probably can't include the list, since that's not in the SRD but is Wizards' Own (Trademark Registered). Starting gold for the psionic classes is in the SRD, so we could list that. Although, come to think of it, we might be able simply to list the figures, as in "Fighter: 240; Monk: 20" and so forth. What do others think?

Erekose13

Explorer
Somehow I don't think they are going to come hunting a fan site that posts starting gold figures for a game they no longer produce. Sure its still copyright, but I don't think they'd care about what we do here. I do think that we shouldn't bother with the dice based list, just show the starting gold values per class for LEW.

Karm

First Post
How about that, not in the SRD. That is so strange.

Anyway I just meant that the character thread should include the fact that characters start with max gold for their classes.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
.... we might be able simply to list the figures, as in "Fighter: 240; Monk: 20" and so forth. What do others think?

that stands to reason. I sould concur to that.

Somehow I don't think they are going to come hunting a fan site that posts starting gold figures for a game they no longer produce. Sure its still copyright, but I don't think they'd care about what we do here. I do think that we shouldn't bother with the dice based list, just show the starting gold values per class for LEW.

well in defense of this fan sight, i would like to say that it is a matter of integrity, rather then legalities. and even on the off chance that they have a lawyer looking at fan sights, the last thing i would want to see is this sight shut down for being sued, none the less. in my personal humble opinion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases