Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
130 miles, if my monitor doesn't deceive me, which saves a day or two, but still not the distance that a casual return to Orussus is likely.
If divine intervention is to blame, who might be the culprit? Halor, Halina, Mongrel, Phyrah,... hmm, lots others. ;)
Or maybe it was a spell on the token, and Rilithorne checked in to make sure the spell won't linger much longer.

LogicsFate

First Post
orsal said:
The flip side is that we have allowed characters to retroactively convert something similar -- I forget if it was Skill Focus (Spellcraft) or Skill Focus (Knowledge(arcana)) or Magical Aptitude -- into the Academy Graduate.

I was allowed SF(spellcraft) into AG on Elise.

Bront

The man with the probe
Trouvere said:
Far better to say that we had some deific assistance (which implies either that Keldar is greatly favoured of the gods...).
The two paladins and cleric with him had nothing to do with said favor? ;)

I'm fairly sure it had something to do with the Crux and all it's funkyness. Vanitri has been adventuring at least 3, possibly 4 years game time, and somehow ended up 2 years younger than when he started, so strange things can happen.

rln

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
I suspect that this refers to Ogrin Brutatfist, that's the only "thug" mention I could find. From a quick look at his character sheet, I suspect that he is not using the Thug variant - he is simply calling his Fighter/Rogue multiclass a 'thug' (Vanitri did something similar, didn't he?) - For instance, as a Rog3/Ftr2 with 14 Int, he should have 72 skill points if he were using the thug variant. He does however have 68 skill points, which is the correct amount of skill points for a vanilla fighter. Maybe someone else should double-check, but I'm pretty sure about that.

KO is correct, "thug" in this case is just an indication how I play the character. I hadn't heard of variants then. I believe I had some concept (and PrC) in mind when I started playing, but to be honest, I've forgotten what they were, so I'm kind of just improving in whatever way seems logical.

I'll change it when I reach 6th level (which should be fairly imminent)

rln

Explorer
Bront said:
They were not retroactive. They started in 2006 for a trial, and were awarded after that.

Even adventures in progress did not recieve any prior to 2006.

Well, it was kinda sorta retroactive. The trial was voted on in February 2006 but the start date was set retroactively to jan 1st 2006, essentially just to make the first round of calculations easy; it's a lot less complicated to remember Jan 1st 2006 than finding the thread & approval posts (that were subsequently lost in The Great Crash) to find the date.

While we're on the subject, take a look at Rae's in-game explanation for using DM credits. That's exactly what I had in mind when I wrote it.

Edit: Oops, I'm catching up and didn't realise this was posted as far back as November.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Not that I want to appear impatient, but Semabin might be able to use the second DM credit as long as Rae hasn't officially grabbed Tarag.
I read the summary, excellent work. Nice job reformatting it for the wiki as well. I award Knight Otu 1 DM credit for the summary.

Knight Otu

First Post
Danke, Rae. :)

rln said:
While we're on the subject, take a look at Rae's in-game explanation for using DM credits. That's exactly what I had in mind when I wrote it.
I for one didn't plan for the coin to simply pop up into Semabin's purse, though it's still extremely simple compared to Rae's exellent post. My plan was to say that, after the Di Senzio Tournament, Semabin was hired for a number of unexciting guard, delivery, and performance jobs, in which he earned that money.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases