• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion of Scotley's upcoming 4e Swashbuckler Game

Lou

Explorer
I hope most folks will opt for a more traditional role, but I've resigned myself to the fact that most players want to be circus freaks. Sound like fun?

Scotley, should we refer to you as the dungeon master, the circus master, or the ringmaster? :p

Vertexx69

First Post
It looks like a controller is the only role left unfilled so I'm thinking of a shardmind psion or wizard who's spent a bit too much time in the lab with a minor disconnect to reality, or an austentatious street preformer refracting light off his own body to dazzle onlookers. Playing a non-melee/non-striker will be fairly new for me, but think I can do it. If shardmind is too off the mark for the theme I guess I could make gnome work.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, renau1g, and Here is exactly what he said:

Scotley in Post 1: said:
The characters will all be members a of an organization with overtones of the musketeers and the foreign leagion. I'm thinking 4e edition at 4th level.

Walking Dad

First Post

Would be an Esssential Assassin be fine (focusing on the martial over the shadow part)? I can you PM the rules, if needed.

Looks like a striker-heavy group to be formed.
Re-posting my question.

Would be a human from 'italy'. May I take 'drow' as race but be a human? Like the kalashtar idea farther above. It would fit the shadow magic aspect of the class.

renau1g

First Post
I was actually thinking Drow with MC rogue feat, Two-Fisted Shooter, and Ruthless Hunter feats with the ranger. Re-flavour to pistols and have a quick shooting, high flying hero, carrying a pair of light blades as back-up.

"I do not wish to sully my blade" type...

Leif

Adventurer
This is still a fantasy game. Y'all -can- be fantasy races. :)
I think maybe the question arises because of the re-skinning of their Drow as human eliminates the stigma and social problems of being Drow. Or at least that's my guess? Otherwise, I'm confused.

Scotley

Hero
Hooray, Scotley does 4e swashbuckling!

Would be an Esssential Assassin be fine (focusing on the martial over the shadow part)? I can you PM the rules, if needed.

Looks like a striker-heavy group to be formed.

Yeah, the only assassin I have is the one from Dragon back in September 09. Please send it over and I'll check it out, but I expect it is fine.

In reguard to your second question--Is drow even a 4e race? Or is it just an elf with a different flavor?

Last edited:

Remove ads