Disintegrate does not affect trees

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I, being the object of your objection- due to my objection of the objectification- object to my position being called objectionable!

(BTW, if you are looking at this in a mirror, it is probably closer than it appears...)

Starbuck_II

First Post
There's a clause buried in the plant type: "Note that regular plants, such as one finds growing in gardens and fields, lack Wisdom and Charisma scores (see Nonabilities) and are not creatures, but objects, even though they are alive."

Wait, can you cast Animate Object on trees? Then Permanancy means you made animated living objects that are immune to disintegrate.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yeah, in D&D, a creature is a specific definition meaning something that has wis and cha scores. In other words, it can sense its surroundings and has some sense of "self."

So plants hit an awkward gap where they're living yet not creatures, in the D&D sense.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
But wood you...errrrr...would you as DM let living foliage provide totally impervious coverage to Disintigrate?

Curious Druids want to know...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I wish people would leaf topics like this alone, they make the rules lawyers start barking up the wrong tree.

See previous posts for examples. :lol:

Remove ads