D&D 5E Divine Metamagic

gyor

Legend
Some people find favour of the gods bland, not me, but others, but then I rembered there was a feat in 3e call divine metamagic, so I thought how about an update for Divine Metamagic, but as a channel divinity for the Favoured Soul, instead of a feat.

So the Favoured Soul expends this channel divinity, and powers a use of metamagic without using sorcery points, but there have to be restrictions I think.

I need some help ironing out the details so it's not unbalanced or boring, any suggestions are welcome, when the idea is refined I will tweet it to Mike Mearls and Jeremy Crawford.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I need some help ironing out the details so it's not unbalanced or boring, any suggestions are welcome, when the idea is refined I will tweet it to Mike Mearls and Jeremy Crawford.
I strongly recommend not. It's the quickest way to have it not included, for IP reasons. Same reason Nintendo and whatnot don't accept custom Pokemon submissions.

gyor

Legend
Good point, honestly I was fine with Favour of the Gods and adding my own flavour to how it manifests, I just thought I'd put it out there for those who wished for an alternative option.

Like a Favored Soul of Basheba Goddess of Bad Luck, Favour of the Gods might manifest by your target tripping at the last minute and falling straight face first into your firebolt just when they we're about to skillfully dodge it, and maybe the wizard who casts dominate person on you finds that by bad luck one of their spell components we're damaged when they pulled it out of their components pouch, allowing you to make a save you wouldn't have made otherwise.

Remove ads