D&D 5E DM Guild Recommendations

Merifluous

Explorer
I've found Sean McGovern's Guide To CoS and SKT pretty useful in that it just made it easier for me to DM. I thought Tarokka Deck Unleashed was fun. I've started reading Uncaged volume 3 and it seems like it would be a ton of adventures you could deploy quickly. Lastly, I just started using Wyatt Trull's DotMM companion for the Crystal Labyrinth level, and it really helps make up for the one the chief criticisms of that book (that the levels are too one-off).

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Some good recommendations above (Ulraunts series is especially great!).

In addition, I'd recommend anything 5e written by WotC, anything with that official Guild Adept logo, anything by Keith Baker (such as Morgrave Miscellany and the upcoming Exploring Eberron), anything by Ed Greenwood, anything by Matt Mercer (but get the 2020 version of the Blood Hunter and skip the additional Hunter Order since it's included in the class revision), plus a handful of key Adventurer's League sources:

Moonshaes Region Guide
The Border Kingdoms (Ed Greenwood)
The two Eberron series of adventures (Embers of the Last War and Oracle of War)
The DDAL00-XX series (such as DDAL00-11 Pipyap's Guide to All the Nine Hells)
The Heir of Orcus series

Oh, and also of the other top best sellers: an extra plug for the phenomenal Uncaged series (worth every penny!), and Book of Seasons series, The Armorer's Handbook, Blackstaff's Book of Spells, and Nerzugal's various DM toolkits that are excellent compliments to the DM's guide.

Weiley31

Legend
Update: Tortle is in the new Wildemount book. So that may make my Tortle suggestion moot. And e en if your not into Crit Roll, book is great for mining stuff. One such example is a much more "clearer" reasoning for the Hexblade Patron.

GlassJaw

Hero
I will ALWAYS recommend this!

The Beast of Graenseskov, written by EN World's own @Quickleaf.

It's an amazing (and complicated af lol) example of a mystery sandbox adventure. Mystery adventures are really tough to write - and run! So are sandbox adventures. This one is both!

And even if you never run it, there is so much material to salvage or again, just read it as a study in mystery sandbox writing.

Oh, and Quickleaf, if you read this, you still haven't answered my message. ;)

Quickleaf

Legend
I can heartily recommend Monstrous Races by Tyler Kamstra; really good for incorporating outlandish races into your game.

I will ALWAYS recommend this!

The Beast of Graenseskov, written by EN World's own @Quickleaf.

It's an amazing (and complicated af lol) example of a mystery sandbox adventure. Mystery adventures are really tough to write - and run! So are sandbox adventures. This one is both!

And even if you never run it, there is so much material to salvage or again, just read it as a study in mystery sandbox writing.

Oh, and Quickleaf, if you read this, you still haven't answered my message. ;)

Thanks @GlassJaw :)

Sorry! Just saw your message and fired a reply to you!

Remove ads