• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DM Minion 5E Released

weldon

Explorer
Anyone else getting an error that the file is corrupt?

EDIT

NVM. For some reason the Adobe Air application installer wasn't working when I double-clicked the app file. When I launched the installer first it worked fine.

Last edited:

Joe Liker

First Post
I'm not sure what the Notes page (Windows version) is supposed to look like, but I feel like all this overlapping, half-displayed text is not intended.

The Notes feature could be one of the most useful features of the app, but it's kinda janky and hard to use as is.

(I write long pages of notes because that's where I put house rules and custom items and such, as well as campaign notes about geography and NPCs.)

goathead82

First Post
I'm not sure what the Notes page (Windows version) is supposed to look like, but I feel like all this overlapping, half-displayed text is not intended.

The Notes feature could be one of the most useful features of the app, but it's kinda janky and hard to use as is.

(I write long pages of notes because that's where I put house rules and custom items and such, as well as campaign notes about geography and NPCs.)

Joe, we will look into this.

Mercule

Adventurer
Nice app. Worth the money. Used it for the first time, last week.

Only real issue: Some of the sliders (e.g. hit points) can be fidgety. It can be very hard to hit just the right value. Any chance of getting arrow buttons on the ends, so we can slide to a close number and tap to perfection?

Hawkwind

Explorer

Only real issue: Some of the sliders (e.g. hit points) can be fidgety. It can be very hard to hit just the right value. Any chance of getting arrow buttons on the ends, so we can slide to a close number and tap to perfection?
plus one on this request

shayneb

First Post
Is there any way to copy and adventure? I tried copying the file in LocalStore and renaming it to something else, but loading it just loads the *original* file.
I want to make a copy of one adventure and edit just a few things to run it for another party.

Thanks for a great app!

Mercule

Adventurer
Is there any way to copy and adventure? I tried copying the file in LocalStore and renaming it to something else, but loading it just loads the *original* file.
I want to make a copy of one adventure and edit just a few things to run it for another party.

Thanks for a great app!
It's not perfect, but you can manually copy the file in Dropbox and maintain them independently. The display name doesn't change, but the files are just XML, so I think you could just edit the "name" tag using Notepad.

goathead82

First Post

Thanks for a great app!

Shayneb, what Mercule suggested will work. Here is a step by step:

1) Close DM Minion and locate the adventure file for the adventure you want to copy.
2) edit the file in notepad or some other text editor.
3) Find the Name tag <Name>Your Adventure Name</Name>
4) Change the Adventure Name to something else.
5) Start DM Minion and the file should be available.

goathead82

First Post

Mercule, we can review this and make these controls easier to use.

Tommy Brownell

First Post
I'm gonna set up the lite version to give it a go this weekend, see if I like it (since I DM with my laptop at the table anyway).

Looks promising, though.

Remove ads