• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Monster Library/Encounter Builder

CovertOps

First Post
Thanks, but my problem with all high level monsters persists. Seems you were correct about it being related with a space in the XP field: I copied the Abyssal Ghoul and changed the XP to 999 and it works.

Dunno if it matters, but I'm using WinXP with Finnish locale, which uses spaces instead of commas as a thousands separator.

BTW, could you add a "about" dialog with a version number? That could help tracking down problems.

bobcat try this:

WinAPI
How To Retrieve the Regional Settings Currency Symbol This link has the info how to declare the API call in VB. If you're using C# you may need to find another example. Once declared pay close attention to these 2 lines in the example:

Locale = GetUserDefaultLCID()
iRet1 = GetLocaleInfo(Locale, LOCALE_SCURRENCY, lpLCDataVar, 0)

You'll need to subsitute the correct constant here which is LOCALE_STHOUSAND which is the actual character(s) used for grouping (such as [comma] or [space]) and your parsing should be easy as pie.

Edit:
Found another sample with downloadable code http://vb.mvps.org/samples/Locale/

Last edited:

Remove ads