• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Rewards: Hommlet and Ship Tiles (Soilers)

beverson

First Post
One of the people in your group needs a DCI number too, I can't report(and thus get the DM points) as no one in my group besides myself has a DCI number.

Can anyone confirm the actual number of group members required to have numbers? For my group it's not as simple as just having everyone get a number, so if I can get away with only one, it would be great.

avin

First Post
No, THANK YOU for running D&D games and reporting your play!

To be honest, me and my friends are gaming a bit more than we are reporting 'cause the reporting system it's a little bit clumsy IMHO.

I think the reporting system could see some improvement. For example, drop down menu with our most usual players.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer

Folks, if you haven't received your ship tiles or Village of Hommlet yet, just wait a few weeks before contacting customer service. They just started shipping right before Gen Con Indy, so they might take a little while to get to you. We will be able to fulfill requests for missing tiles if you scheduled, ran, and reported your 5 games within the 6 month timeframe (Jan 1 - June 30). But give it some time, since the mail can be a little fickle.

Got my adventure a couple of days ago - all i can say is, sending a free module all over the world as an appreciation for DMs is awesomesauce. Keep up the good work!

Atras

First Post
Not to turn this into a vicious love circle, but arranging all of the Organized Play materials and providing this kind of community support is really quite a bit farther than consumers can expect these days. Thank you for your work, Chris. Most of us play the game because we like it, so rewards like this are just a great bonus.

mearlus

Explorer
Can anyone confirm the actual number of group members required to have numbers? For my group it's not as simple as just having everyone get a number, so if I can get away with only one, it would be great.

From what I've been reading 4-6 players is the limit. Which is unfortunate for us as some games we reach 7 or 8, others 4 or 5.

I'm also finding it hard to get information on what qualifies as 'legal' for home games. I've read some places that a 'sanctioned home game' can count and be recorded as play even if it is a home brew adventure. What I don't see is if we're required to follow strict treasure/EP rules that LFR runs or if we just can't use our characters in any other LFR sanctioned game. I'm waiting for the WoTC boards to come back up to post more specific questions about sanctioning home play.

darjr

I crit!
From what I've been reading 4-6 players is the limit. Which is unfortunate for us as some games we reach 7 or 8, others 4 or 5.

I'm also finding it hard to get information on what qualifies as 'legal' for home games. I've read some places that a 'sanctioned home game' can count and be recorded as play even if it is a home brew adventure. What I don't see is if we're required to follow strict treasure/EP rules that LFR runs or if we just can't use our characters in any other LFR sanctioned game. I'm waiting for the WoTC boards to come back up to post more specific questions about sanctioning home play.

Home games are up to you. As far as I know anything goes. The only stipulation is that you cannot then take those characters to another RPGA event that isn't a home game and expect to be able to run them.

As far as reporting.... well... 10 people would be two DM's with four players each, 9 people would be one DM running two groups of 4 each, 8 would be one DM running two groups with one player overlaping. Sorry, I'm not trying to be pedantic...

mearlus

Explorer
Home games are up to you. As far as I know anything goes. The only stipulation is that you cannot then take those characters to another RPGA event that isn't a home game and expect to be able to run them.

As far as reporting.... well... 10 people would be two DM's with four players each, 9 people would be one DM running two groups of 4 each, 8 would be one DM running two groups with one player overlaping. Sorry, I'm not trying to be pedantic...

No worries, I'm not taking it that way. We sort of assumed the home games are 'up to you' and the only thing you can do is take those characters to another RPGA event. I was just looking for that defined solidly I guess. Not like the RPGA police will come after us or anything ;)

When you discuss reporting as such do you just mean that if our DM and say I are both Herald level we both could just report our one game session to account for all the players even though he is the single person DMing? Nothing would stop us I guess but I'd just like to do it the correct way and follow the rules.

In the end it is probably more about getting marketing information/demographics of those who are actively playing that WoTC cares about I suppose.

Thanks for the input. I feel like I'm hijacking the thread so I'll leave the rest of my questions for the offical board. :)

darjr

I crit!
When you discuss reporting ...

The correct way would be to run them that way. ...

I think the ship tiles and the adventure are part of marketing. A wonderful marketing that works like you wouldn't believe. Sure, collecting info on DM's and players is part of it, maybe the largest? But encouraging people to DM seems to be the larger goal.

The adventure and tiles have been that little bit of niceness that have helped me push through a short period of burnout. Before the con season I was trying to get things together to run con events and life got uber busy and I was not having as much fun. I think many DM's know what I'm talking about.

Later I ran into some players that were in a game I ran during that time, and they thanked me for a great game. I thought it went horribly, but they remembered and loved little details about the game that I'd forgotten. I look at the tiles and the adventure and it reminds me of that and why I am a DM.

Is that petty?

Remove ads