• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DMG release date pushed back

Remembers me of the best days of Blizzard. "It's done when it's done" is the perfect guiding principle, and I hope they keep using it after the first products.

Osgood

Hero
More than any book, the DMG will determine if my group fully embraces 5E (without the rule modules, the game thus far feels incomplete to me). So I am disappointed by this news, but I would rather have a better books a few weeks later.

fjw70

Adventurer
Obviously this is disappointing news, but understandable. I would rather they announce release dates well ahead of time and adjust when necessary then hold release dates info until just before it releases.

at this point my main want from 5e is DungeonScape and the monster manual. If I can get those thing in the next couple weeks I will be very happy. More magic items in the basic game would be nice too.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
More than any book, the DMG will determine if my group fully embraces 5E (without the rule modules, the game thus far feels incomplete to me). So I am disappointed by this news, but I would rather have a better books a few weeks later.

Yeah, I don't intend to make a final judgement on 5E until I see this book.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
This isn't going to stop me from homebrewing in the meantime. I hew pretty close to D&D as it's presented in the PHB, which also has a few important variants and homebrewing tools in it as well. Beyond that, Basic has what I need for low levels.

But this is just for one-shots. If I was designing a campaign, I would be more worried because I'd want more guidance on monster design, the death domain, and magic items than what we have in Basic right now. That might change this Friday or next week (if the DM Basic rules receive an update in conjunction with the MM release, which is likely).

Remove ads