DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

SandS_James

First Post
Looks cool!

A quick add-on: Remember, the GSL is set to come out on June 6th. You may want to watch how you brand this product, keeping in mind that the license contains as yet unknown terms... and prevents publishing anything under it until October 1st. However, not a lawyer, so treat all of this with a grain of salt.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
SandS_James said:
Looks cool!

A quick add-on: Remember, the GSL is set to come out on June 6th. You may want to watch how you brand this product, keeping in mind that the license contains as yet unknown terms... and prevents publishing anything under it until October 1st. However, not a lawyer, so treat all of this with a grain of salt.

Well, this isn't going to have any "4th Edition D&D compatible!" on it, nor is it technically being published, as it's not for profit, so we should be okay...but I'll keep that in mind.

MadLetter

First Post
Thanks Dragonlord! :)

Look forward to the 6th, guys, maybe we have some more stuff done by that :) depends on how many bugs/issues we find to deal with! :)

Just now E_L is adding a few new things to the Class-Creator! ;)

12thlvlnrd

First Post
Color me impressed already.

Or, maybe color me green with envy because I so lack any talent or commitment to pull off such a project.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

MadLetter

First Post
OKay hereby you are coloured green, 12thlvlnrd! :)

Anyone for red? I'll take black myself!

In all honesty the talent of this project is E_L, I'm mostly the guy who had the idea to start it and does the art :) I'm really happy E_L popped up in the Wizards forum and took over the programming (which initially was in Delphi, the only language I know ;) ).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eldritch_Lord said:
Well, this isn't going to have any "4th Edition D&D compatible!" on it, nor is it technically being published, as it's not for profit, so we should be okay...but I'll keep that in mind.

Well, publishing isn't dependent on profit - you can publish free materials.

The GSL won't allow you to create any kind of interactive software for use with D&D; I'm imagining that you don't plan to use the GSL, though. I'd make sure it doesn't say "Dungeons & Dragons" on it just to be extra-cautious, although WotC has always been pretty good about fan-created stuff.

I seem to recall they said they'd be publishing a fan-creations policy sometime soon anyway, which should basically describe their attitude towards such things.

MadLetter

First Post
Morrus said:
Well, publishing isn't dependent on profit - you can publish free materials.

The GSL won't allow you to create any kind of interactive software for use with D&D; I'm imagining that you don't plan to use the GSL, though. I'd make sure it doesn't say "Dungeons & Dragons" on it just to be extra-cautious, although WotC has always been pretty good about fan-created stuff.

Well I hope they stay good with fan-created stuff! ;) I mean the whole engine we are making is about making fan-created stuff, albeit not in the same sense that you meant probably! ;)

I seem to recall they said they'd be publishing a fan-creations policy sometime soon anyway, which should basically describe their attitude towards such things.

That one would really be interesting! :) I hope they don't jump on our heads, when we release our toolkit on the 6th. I will surely read the fan-creation policy ASAP :)

Thanks for dropping in then, Morrus! :)

Remove ads