DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

MadLetter

First Post
On our ToDo list is the point of printing powers to power-cards...

In and of itself, we might also implement a print functiona altogether. If not, you have the Plain Text option, which you can copy into word or something alike and then print it as you desire.

In a first-release we probably won't have the print function... we first want to get all parts of the programm running! :)

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Greetings once again; we could use a little help.

Right now we've added all the power sources in the PHB and are looking at what to name the powers of other sources. There were a few threads on what to name them a while back on the Wizards boards, so at the moment, we've included what we think are the best ones they came up with...but surely the esteemed EnWorld regulars can do better. ;)

As they stand now:

"Talents" for Psi
"Channelings" for Primal
"Mysteries" for Shadow
"Maneuvers" for Ki/Soul
"Invocations" for Elemental

I'm partial to Mysteries for Shadow, since that's the way they were in ToM, and Talents have been a psionic thing since 1e, but in regards to the other ones we're sort of at a loss. If you guys have any better ideas (highly probably), post away!

Siberys

Adventurer
Personally, I'd say to leave 'em out 'till they're apparent. In fact, I'd make that field a text box, for those who make their own power sources. Else I'd have such a text-box available, by way of a radio button or something. Whatever flies your airship, though.

As for the options - I like all of the ones you've got there, 'cept that 'Talents' seems bland and 'Channelings' just doesn't sit right with me, for some reason. Don't really have any suggestions beyond that, though.

EDIT: Also, I'd make a 'Character Creator' screen, although it's a bit OT.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Siberys said:
Personally, I'd say to leave 'em out 'till they're apparent. In fact, I'd make that field a text box, for those who make their own power sources. Else I'd have such a text-box available, by way of a radio button or something. Whatever flies your airship, though.

As for the options - I like all of the ones you've got there, 'cept that 'Talents' seems bland and 'Channelings' just doesn't sit right with me, for some reason. Don't really have any suggestions beyond that, though.

Good idea on the make-your-own-source thing. Will do. Thing is, we don't want to leave them out for right now because everyone wants to make the monk, or the barbarian, or the psion, or another Psi/Primal/Shadow/Ki class.

EDIT: Also, I'd make a 'Character Creator' screen, although it's a bit OT.

Hmm...and what would that do?

Siberys

Adventurer
What everything else in your program does; You input the text, and it properly formats it into stat-block form, and/or a character sheet. 'Twould add a lot of functionality to it for people who don't houserule, but do make lots of NPCs , or Builds, etc.

DonAdam

Explorer
Eldritch_Lord said:
As they stand now:

"Talents" for Psi
"Channelings" for Primal
"Mysteries" for Shadow
"Maneuvers" for Ki/Soul

I'm partial to Mysteries for Shadow, since that's the way they were in ToM, and Talents have been a psionic thing since 1e, but in regards to the other ones we're sort of at a loss. If you guys have any better ideas (highly probably), post away!

I won't say their better, but they might trigger other ideas:

"Manifestations" for psi

"Disciplines" for ki

Primal "Surges?" (yeah, I couldn't help myself, and it would probably be confusing with healing surges)

Primal Aspects? Spirits? Nothing I'm thinking of seems to work too well for druids and barbarians alike...

You guys appear to be doing stellar work. Bravo.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Siberys said:
What everything else in your program does; You input the text, and it properly formats it into stat-block form, and/or a character sheet. 'Twould add a lot of functionality to it for people who don't houserule, but do make lots of NPCs , or Builds, etc.

Ah. I thought you meant some sort of homebrewing thing related to character creation. A character creator might come along later, but right now the other stuff is first priority.

Last edited:

Dormain1

Explorer
Eldritch_Lord said:
Greetings once again; we could use a little help.

Right now we've added all the power sources in the PHB and are looking at what to name the powers of other sources. There were a few threads on what to name them a while back on the Wizards boards, so at the moment, we've included what we think are the best ones they came up with...but surely the esteemed EnWorld regulars can do better. ;)

As they stand now:

"Talents" for Psi
"Channelings" for Primal
"Mysteries" for Shadow
"Maneuvers" for Ki/Soul

Great work btw, sign me up if you need any more help crashing the code (I have even been able to crash the magic set editor, but don't ask me how :cool: )

"PsP" for Psi (whenever i see Psi i think pound per square inch)
"Chaos" for Primal (you could also go tribal, feral or anything ending in al)
"Dark or Void" for Shadow (ie Dark magic or Void magic)
"Devotions" for Ki/Soul (also Foci)
"Captain Planet" for Elemental :cool:

It's not these boys fault that DDI is not up to their standard ;) , worse case scenario just create the shell and have a seperate download for the rules when you get the ok, or it gets leaked at the publishers ;)

anyway good luck

MadLetter

First Post
Dormain1 said:
Great work btw, sign me up if you need any more help crashing the code (I have even been able to crash the magic set editor, but don't ask me how :cool: )

Hiya Dormain1 ! :)

Friday you get your first chance to smash the code to bits, if you can! ;) We will eventually give users an adress to send Bugreports to, so we get a better overview :)

Greets,
Christian

Remove ads