DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Syberis said:
Don't change it to say "any other"; Add "any other" and keep "any" such that you could have some race that did have +2 to any stat.

I'm not tryin' to be grating, but I kinda feel like I might be comin' across that way. If I am, sorry - I'm just trying to make it so this is useful to the largest group of people.

Not at all grating--that's the whole point of beta testing. I can't know what most people will find helpful and useful, so you guys tell me that.

Idabrius said:
Sadly, TSR had a sue-happy record and no one yet knows if WotC will follow suit. Just because it IS protected by Fair Use (not an IP lawyer or lawyer of any kind, though I'm about 85% sure that it is) that doesn't mean they WONT sue these folks into an early grave to defend their coveted copyright.

That's exactly our philosophy--if we can't be sure WotC won't sue our asses off, we're not going to release just yet...though like I said, we're exploring other options right now. Hold tight and we might get something worked out.

Larac

First Post
Well my addy is lfseeney@comcast.net, not only would I <cough> Not <yes> like to see it, but would gladly work or not with some one or not, to trade or by sheer opps share input with.

Like 10-15 folks spliting up stuff and adding trhings <nothing to do with D&D at all of course> to a data shared file to increase our ability to read symbols of stuff of our on making.

Running a game now, this would be most helpfully.

Lee

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
So. A small update on status: The last we heard from Mr. Rouse was "We got your email and are discussing it." That was about 2 weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything since.

That being the case...we'd really appreciate feedback from those of you who mysteriously obtained a beta version. There have been a few people sending us bug reports, but since this whole release thing is dragging on I want the first version we do release to be as complete and error-free as possible.

Any feature suggestions or bug reports are appreciated, whether here or at dm.toolkit@googlemail.com. At the moment I'm working on the Monster Creator, so I especially appreciate it if anyone who either made some sort of monster calculator tool or has made lots of 4e monsters would chime in with suggestions of what they'd want in the Creator.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Technical writer looking for work, here. Possible tasks include writing documentation (paper or PDF), building/maintaining online help and - of course - extensive testing of not-yet released software products. ;)

Send inquiries to Dirk.Bock (at) muenster.de

Oops... how did this end up here? Wasn't it intended fo some other board? Of well, maybe I'll remove this post ... somtime.

Huldvoll

Jan van leyden

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Technical writer looking for work, here. Possible tasks include writing documentation (paper or PDF), building/maintaining online help and - of course - extensive testing of not-yet released software products. ;)

Send inquiries to Dirk.Bock (at) muenster.de

Oops... how did this end up here? Wasn't it intended fo some other board? Of well, maybe I'll remove this post ... somtime.

Huldvoll

Jan van leyden

It's a shame that you posted to the wrong thread; I could really use someone to help with documentation, since I'm focused on the coding side. At the moment I have two text files with some quick notes, but I'd intended to write a really comprehensive Help file and just couldn't find the time. Oh, well; it would be nice if you could take a look at a program appearing in your inbox at, say, ~7pm Eastern, and write something about it, but I guess it's not going to happen.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Okay folks, status update time.

Bad news: One month after the scheduled release date, WotC still has no idea whether they should let us release this officially and/or whether they should host this on the main site.

Good news: I'm about 96% finished with a power card maker integrated into the Power Creator that will make looks-straight-from-the-PHB cards when it's done, and Mr. Rouse said he should have a response soon.

Hang in there.

Mercutio01

First Post
Hell, at this point you should just skip the GSL license completely and just publish the damn thing. You wouldn't be alone - Goodman, Green Ronin, and Kenzer are all doing it...

Remove ads