DMs! Who are YOUR composers?

If death is no problem - Bach and Beethoven (Handel, Orff and Tchaikovsky run a mingled but extremely close third. Poledouris is overrated compared to these greats and doesn't even show on the radar...)

If the person must be living it gets tougher - Howard Shore is on the list for sure but the rest of the field is too close to call comprised of John Williams, Harry Gregson-Williams, Danny Elfman, Phillip Glass, Henry Brant, George Perle and the list goes on and on and on...

rbingham2000

Explorer
In addition to a good number of the others on this list, I'm partial to Susumu Hirasawa, who among other things composed the OST for the Berserk anime and games.

pathfinderq1

First Post
I've actually got it pretty easy here- my wife is a composer, and a gamer. Depending on the campaign, some of her other gamer/composer friends might make the list as well. For what it is worth, she is pretty entertained by some of the choices on the list so far. We both agree that Tom Waits is a good choice, especially if the entire campaign takes place in a tavern, or a nice rainy Ravenloft domain.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Clint Mansil (The Fountain) and Antonin Dovorak

Clint Mansell. Former lead singer of Pop Will Eat Itself. Great band. Cure For Sanity, The Looks or the Lifestyle and Dos Dedos Mi Amigos were all great. This is the Day... isn't a bad album either.

EDIT:Glad I read this, I didn't know Aronofsky had gotten anything else out since Requiem, recently purchased along w/Pi since my wife has never seen either.

Remove ads