D&D 4E DnD 4E DOA?

DnD 4E DOA?

• Don't want DnD 4E. Happy with my current edition.

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • Might be ready for 4E ... in 2010.

Votes: 184 38.0%
  • Would like to see 4E .... in 3 to 5 years

Votes: 89 18.4%
  • I think 4E is in the works. 1 to 2 years away.

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • I'm done with 3.5E. I want 4E now!

Votes: 27 5.6%

Nisarg

Banned
Banned
Staffan said:
Not saying they should indulge our every whim (which would be impossible given the number of whims we have around these parts), but they're fools if they don't at least pay attention.

Well now that's a different thing altogether.

And of course, they shouldn't blatantly spit in the faces of their biggest fans; they should care about not insulting us, but not really listen to us too much.

Many would say the current people behind Star Trek are have run that show into the ground specifically because they made every effort possible to piss in the eyes of all the real fans. From one series to another they went out of their way to strip apart the concepts and values that would matter to the star trek fans.

With D&D, in the Lorraine Williams days TSR looked upon AD&D's fans with a similar contempt and it was not good at all.

So that's not what I'm saying. I was only specifically refuting the concept that Wizards is going to base 4th edition on what the people on this website tell them, or the even more absurd concept that Wizards is actually conducting market research via this website.

Nisarg

smootrk

First Post
I do not think I would want a 4e anytime soon, as I think 3.5e has most of its ducks in a row.

What I would like, is a reprint of the core material that consolidates all the new relevant crunch. In other words... a new 'Player's Handbook 2006' that includes all the new races, all the new core classes, updated skill descriptions, and most of all consolidation of all the new spells. Maybe a separate Prestige Class book so that the page count on the PHB won't be like the bible. The DMG could work the same. I am just so tired of looking through all the books for just the right rule/feat/skill description/spell... (list goes on)

At the very least, produce a product like I described as a PDF. That is truly something I would buy.

MonsterMash

First Post
smootrk said:
I do not think I would want a 4e anytime soon, as I think 3.5e has most of its ducks in a row.

What I would like, is a reprint of the core material that consolidates all the new relevant crunch. In other words... a new 'Player's Handbook 2006' that includes all the new races, all the new core classes, updated skill descriptions, and most of all consolidation of all the new spells. Maybe a separate Prestige Class book so that the page count on the PHB won't be like the bible. The DMG could work the same. I am just so tired of looking through all the books for just the right rule/feat/skill description/spell... (list goes on)

At the very least, produce a product like I described as a PDF. That is truly something I would buy.
So a kind of PHB 3.75?

At last we have Diaglo

Diaglo is the true OD&D Grognard, everyone else is a pale imitation

:lol:

beaver1024

First Post
Please let there be 4th edition tomorrow! I would love to see all the fan boys lose more cash to buy more poorly tested, conceived and executed materials.

Remove ads