D&D 5E DnD 5e Points Buy

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Has anyone tried to do a point buy in for the whole of chargen?

The core has points for stats / attributes.

Option - M&M 2e
1a. Stats: Choose the ability scores you want your character to have and pay 1 power point for each ability score point over 10.
1 b: Attack: 2 per +1 bonus
1c: Defence: 2 per +1 bonus
1d: Save: 1 per +1 bonus
2. Skills: Choose the skill ranks you want your character to have and pay 1 power point per 4 skill ranks.
3. Feats: Choose the feats you want your character to have and pay 1 power point per feat or rank in a feat.
4. Powers: Now this is more complicated, and is all ranked. So the cost of each power would essentially be level divided by 4, similar to skills I guess. Or I could just skip it and go with the powers costs from M&M 2e?

Thing is I suspect that making it too M&M will remove aspects of the DnD 5e part of the game? Are there any other methods out there?

Last edited:

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Does anyone have any ideas on this besides using M&M 2e?

Needs to be fairly simple and easy to use I guess, with the caveat this would be an online game with no hexmaps. This will obviously remove the need for a lot of feats which are pure game mechanics.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
They seem okay but not geared to a total point buy that I could use....unless I am misunderstanding somewhere?
It has been a long day....
I just thought they would be useful as a starting point or reference. Seeing how others value different traits and features can be enlightening.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases