D&D 5E DND Beyond Pricing announced.

Oofta

Legend
Does anybody know the difference between the heroic and master subscription tiers?

I remember something about how many characters you can store, but can't find anything.

fjw70

Adventurer
Does anybody know the difference between the heroic and master subscription tiers?

I remember something about how many characters you can store, but can't find anything.

With the free account you can use the tools (character builder, monster builder, etc.) with the SRD data and any other data you unlock. The tools will have ads but the compendium (I.e. Ebook) will not have ads. You are limited to 6 characters in the character builder.

With the heroic tier you get the same as above with unlimited characters and no ads.

The master tier gives you everything the heroic tier does but you can share your purchased content with up to 12 other users.

There is also some homebrew capabilities that are different too but not sure how that one works (I haven't been paying too much attention to the homebrew stuff yet).

guachi

Hero
Will they please get rid of the $.99 nonsense? If something cost $180 bucks, say so, don't say it costs $179.99!

It was the first thing I noticed, too. Adding .99 onto the end of prices makes your product look really cheap. Act like your product is top notch like a fancy restaurant and price it to the whole dollar.

Though now that I think of it, even the Dollar Store prices their products to the whole dollar. It actually makes the product seem less expensive. I'd rather see $3 per month that $2.99.

It was the first thing I noticed, too. Adding .99 onto the end of prices makes your product look really cheap. Act like your product is top notch like a fancy restaurant and price it to the whole dollar.

Though now that I think of it, even the Dollar Store prices their products to the whole dollar. It actually makes the product seem less expensive. I'd rather see $3 per month that $2.99.

Except there is a whole litany of market research that shows that most people feel $2.99 is a better deal than $3.

Personally I don't like the .99 either, but whining about it and not being aware of the actual research behind it doesn't accomplish anything useful.

jgsugden

Legend
I need to min/max this and figure out the best approach - all in now so that I can get the discount long term? Just do the elements I care about on a products by product basis? I wish they had the monsters from the adventures/paths as separate sub-products.

lkj

Hero
Except there is a whole litany of market research that shows that most people feel $2.99 is a better deal than $3.

Personally I don't like the .99 either, but whining about it and not being aware of the actual research behind it doesn't accomplish anything useful.

Yes. It is apparently a very effective and well researched technique. It's annoying that it works. But, well, it does.

https://www.livescience.com/33045-why-do-most-prices-end-in-99-cents-.html

AD

I'm wondering when the mobile device apps are going to be released. For me, on a PC with PC Master Race power I don't need D&D Beyond. However an app on phone or tablet is different, and very useful. Until the apps are released for playing with, this product is barely half value for testing. Is there a timeline for app release that anyone knows?

Nathan Gaudry

First Post
I'm wondering when the mobile device apps are going to be released. For me, on a PC with PC Master Race power I don't need D&D Beyond. However an app on phone or tablet is different, and very useful. Until the apps are released for playing with, this product is barely half value for testing. Is there a timeline for app release that anyone knows?

So far, the mobile site is actually really good. I'd suggest playing around with the beta on your phone and seeing what you think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases