D&D 5E DND Beyond Pricing announced.

Nathan Gaudry

First Post
I haven't really looked at tablet yet, but I can't see it being bad. On my S6 it looks just fine. Only "issue" is that the character sheet is organized by left and right swipes, which means it can take a few more swipes than I'd like to get where I'm going. Compendium works exactly the way I'd want it to.

But my point was that it is a true mobile site, so once the app comes out I imagine it will look exactly like this.

lkj

Hero
Thanks, so there may not be an app just the website is well optimised for my Galaxy S and iPad? I guess I'll go and have a look!

They've pretty much indicated there will be an app (-- insert all caveats about buying software for future features here --). And it will be the app that gives offline functionality. But I agree with Nathan that the mobile web interface is good enough that I suspect the app interface will look very similar.

AD

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Will they please get rid of the $.99 nonsense? If something cost $180 bucks, say so, don't say it costs $179.99!
LOL - Unfortunately, that's how we roll here in America. The ridiculous perception that something is cheaper at $99.99 than at $100. It's why Walmart prices things at $xx.98. Such a deal!

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Does anybody know the difference between the heroic and master subscription tiers?

I remember something about how many characters you can store, but can't find anything.
RE: Homebrew - With a free account you can enter and use your own homebrew, and publish it publicly, but you CAN'T use other people's publicly-published homebrew. With either paid subscription you have full access to the public homebrew also.
Now, from what I've read, you can still browse and view all that homebrew, you just can't hit the button that saves it into your homebrew library oar somesuch. If you see something cool, it's likely easy enough to just recreate it in your personal homebrew.

They've written up the subscription descriptions in detail:

http://www.dndbeyond.com/full-subscription-details-for-d-d-beyond

Should clear up a lot of questions. For the Master Tier subscription, it is sort of mimicking the idea that any books brought to the table can be used by anyone at the table. That's nice. Means the DM doesn't have to buy everything directly.

AD
That did make things much clearer. And I love that any of the players can purchase a book or content and have it added into the group pot so to speak.

And I had to laugh picturing their GoT D&D group example. Watch out adventuring group, I bet that DM will be throwing lots of dragons at you!

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

They've written up the subscription descriptions in detail:

http://www.dndbeyond.com/full-subscription-details-for-d-d-beyond

Should clear up a lot of questions. For the Master Tier subscription, it is sort of mimicking the idea that any books brought to the table can be used by anyone at the table. That's nice. Means the DM doesn't have to buy everything directly.

AD

Oh wow, that's actually a lot more generous than I was thinking. Especially good for me is the news that it's 12 characters in each of three campaigns; as I have 15 players across two weekly and one monthly game, I was worried that I'd hit a snag!

They just announced that it will now be possible to buy just the monsters and/or magic items from the APs as a bundle for each AP, which will save a good amount of money for those of us, like me, who only want that info instead of purchasing the whole book in each case. This was suggested a few days ago on their forums, and they've already implemented the pricing details for it!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/pricing-details#Adventures

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases