D&D 5E DnD Beyond Updates?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Anyone know if there is any way yet to actually use the Primal Companion feature for the ranger in dndbeyond? Or the Sidekicks?

Have they given any updates on when those features will be usable?

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Well, on the topic of sidekicks:

Note: We don't currently have feature support for the sidekicks rules, as presented in Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything. We will be building a proper system to handle sidekicks in a flexible manner. Thanks for your patience, we're hard at work creating tools that will make your D&D-playing experience easier!

From here: How to Play Sidekicks Like Heroes in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything

Oofta

Legend
You have to enable the new rules both for the campaign and the character.

From the DndBeyond message board (because I was just looking at this myself):
On the “Home” tab of the character builder, the toggle next to “Optional Class Features” needs to be on (red, to the right). Then, on the “Class” tab, you have to view the sub tab for the options and check the box that adds those spells.​

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

On the “Home” tab of the character builder, the toggle next to “Optional Class Features” needs to be on (red, to the right). Then, on the “Class” tab, you have to view the sub tab for the options and check the box that adds those spells.​
I'm unable to find how to enable the alternative companions for beastmasters. I find no toggle for that in the optional features tab nor can I find the beasts of the x among the extras in the character sheet.

Oofta

Legend
I'm unable to find how to enable the alternative companions for beastmasters. I find no toggle for that in the optional features tab nor can I find the beasts of the x among the extras in the character sheet.
Those may not be there yet. I did add a special companion by creating a custom creature and then adding them as an "Extra" in character sheet.

doctorbadwolf

There is no tab for the primal companion options, nor can I find stat blocks under Extras for them.

Oofta

Legend
There is no tab for the primal companion options, nor can I find stat blocks under Extras for them.
Yep, as far as I can tell you need to add them as an "extra". Go to your character sheet > Extras > Manage Extras > Beast Companion

Until primal companions show up, you'll have to create a custom creature, but then you can select from the list. Oh, you do also have to go into the settings and turn on homebrew content for the PC edit PC > Home > turn on Homebrew content.

doctorbadwolf

Yep, as far as I can tell you need to add them as an "extra". Go to your character sheet > Extras > Manage Extras > Beast Companion

Until primal companions show up, you'll have to create a custom creature, but then you can select from the list. Oh, you do also have to go into the settings and turn on homebrew content for the PC edit PC > Home > turn on Homebrew content.
Yes, I know how to use the character builder.

My question was if anyone knew anything about where they are with actually adding the feature in so we don’t need workarounds.

Remove ads