• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD Day: Pregen Character Ideas for Underwater Adventuring

Pinotage

Explorer
Methos of Aundair said:
One question, though I understand why in real life shields would be useless underwater I could not find any DnD rule that states they are ineffective. Did I just miss it? I don't see how allowing/disallowing shields would changed the adventure too much but I still haven't decided to rule them out.

If you're playing RPGA, you're presumably playing by 3.5e rules and strictly so. You can use shields underwater by 3.5e rules. For that matter, you can cast any spell underwater as well since it doesn't mention that either. Either Seas of Blood or Seafarer's Handbook mentions the use of shields and spellcraft checks to cast spell with verbal components underwater. 3.5e core doesn't cover a lot of the logic behind underwater combat. I suggest if you can, create a few house rules and stick with them when you run the adventure. Otherwise you might as well run it on land. :)

Methos of Aundair said:
Thanks for all the help and advice, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this adventure goes.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. :D

Pinotage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads