D&D General DnD Dungeon Crawl help

zasgard

Explorer
Hi all

So, I have a "thing" I'd like to see if it's possible to do. I've always wanted to take a party of NPC's through various classic D&D modules to see if they can make it through, loot, level and keep progressing to the next level module. Just a simple hack n' slash through modules, collection loot and exp and character advancement.

Does anyone know of a way for me to do this digitally? Tabletop Simulator? Is there an online digital program with actual D&D modules imported into them? Roll20? Fantasy Grounds? Is there anything out there where things are set up? Maybe I can import the module myself? Create the dungeons, monsters, loot, etc?? I don't mind putting in a little work if need be.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
At gog.com and possibly other places (but certainly there) you can buy the 2002 Bioware D&D game Neverwinter Nights. The game comes with a great toolkit for creating your own adventures, and there is a robust community of creators to this day. Several classic adventures were re-created using the toolkit and once you have the base game, you can download and run them for free. It's been years since I played them, but off the top of my head The Sunless Citadel, Forge of Fury, and Against the Cult of the Reptile God were among the adventures adapted in this way, and they run very close to the PnP modules.

Note that the game uses 3E rules.

Reynard

Legend
Hi all

So, I have a "thing" I'd like to see if it's possible to do. I've always wanted to take a party of NPC's through various classic D&D modules to see if they can make it through, loot, level and keep progressing to the next level module. Just a simple hack n' slash through modules, collection loot and exp and character advancement.

Does anyone know of a way for me to do this digitally? Tabletop Simulator? Is there an online digital program with actual D&D modules imported into them? Roll20? Fantasy Grounds? Is there anything out there where things are set up? Maybe I can import the module myself? Create the dungeons, monsters, loot, etc?? I don't mind putting in a little work if need be.

Fantasy Grounds does have a classic ruleset (I believe it is AD&D 2E) and a bunch of classic modules. I can't speak to the quality of the conversion to FG since I don't use it. Note also that FG isn't the cheapest solution for this kind of thing.

Greggy C

Hero
Hi all

Whats the digital piece for exactly? To run it with remote people or if not what is the advantage over running it on paper yourself like the old days?

Eventually I will add a Basic/Expert, 1e etc editions to dndcombat.com simulator so you could do it there, but thats much later in the year as I'm working on other stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases