• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Do ability scores only come from Background now?

Krioni

Villager
I remember reading that the AS would come from a variety of places such as Heritage/Culture and Background but I only see AS from backgrounds and rather than in O5e which normally gives you 2/1
this game only gives you 1/1? Is this right or am I missing something? If it is right is there are reason for it?

Faolyn

(she/her)
I remember reading that the AS would come from a variety of places such as Heritage/Culture and Background but I only see AS from backgrounds and rather than in O5e which normally gives you 2/1
this game only gives you 1/1? Is this right or am I missing something? If it is right is there are reason for it?
Yes, it's right.

This is because you actually get a lot more abilities from your heritage, culture, background, and destiny, and also because expertise dice are so easy to get (you start the game with a minimum of two) and more than make up for not having another +1.

Yes, it's right.

This is because you actually get a lot more abilities from your heritage, culture, background, and destiny, and also because expertise dice are so easy to get (you start the game with a minimum of two) and more than make up for not having another +1.
Plus, with a very minor investment, you can purchase a Tier 3 stronghold and gain another +1 in an ability score

Remove ads