• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Do DEAFENED creatures take THUNDER damage?

Umm... I agree? The question in the topic was "do deafened creatures take Thunder damage?" Yes. Yes they do.

Real world logic aside, the game is pretty clear about it. Deafened condition does not mention resistance/immunity to Thunder damage, while the Silence spell does.

Doh! Have some exp for my failed reading comprehension!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I know, I was just giving you a hard time. I was a Blackhawk crewchief myself, and we worked a lot with special forces and medivac missions as well. Ah, my younger days when I still had all my hair and was in great shape lol

I know you're just giving me a hard time. Sorry if my post came across defensive. And I hear you about the hair. I'd been in for 16 years when I first went to Afghanistan, and my hair was already in full retreat.

That pic must have been a while ago. Your bird still has FM antennas on her. (That is unless they kept them on Blackhawks. We pulled them off the Pave's around 2005.)

Sacrosanct

Legend
I know you're just giving me a hard time. Sorry if my post came across defensive. And I hear you about the hair. I'd been in for 16 years when I first went to Afghanistan, and my hair was already in full retreat.

That pic must have been a while ago. Your bird still has FM antennas on her. (That is unless they kept them on Blackhawks. We pulled them off the Pave's around 2005.)

That pic was 1995 I think. Long enough ago that we still had Hueys, Kiowas, and Cobras at the airfield lol. Now days I look more like Gen. Sullivan than I do my old self ;). I remember getting all excited because we did a trial experiment by putting a laptop in the bird that tracked our location on the screen like a GPS. The laptop? A 486 66mhz processor with 4MB or RAM lol. Top of the line haha. Funny thing is that I can't remember 90% of the names of the people I worked with, but I remember the tail # without hesitation: 83 23880

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
That pic was 1995 I think. Long enough ago that we still had Hueys, Kiowas, and Cobras at the airfield lol. Now days I look more like Gen. Sullivan than I do my old self ;). I remember getting all excited because we did a trial experiment by putting a laptop in the bird that tracked our location on the screen like a GPS. The laptop? A 486 66mhz processor with 4MB or RAM lol. Top of the line haha.

Yeah. I remember when I was still on tankers in USAFE (around '95 also). The first GPS we had on 135's was a handheld/automobile unit with the antenna stuck up through the sextant port on the cockpit ceiling. Swear to god, I think we bought it from radio shack!

Funny thing is that I can't remember 90% of the names of the people I worked with, but I remember the tail # without hesitation: 83 23880

Of course. A crew chief never forgets his aircraft. I'm sure it still has plenty of your sweat and maybe even a little bit of your blood in her yet.

BTW, I did a quick check on her tail number with rotorspot. From what I can find, it looks like she's still flying.:)

Sacrosanct

Legend
BTW, I did a quick check on her tail number with rotorspot. From what I can find, it looks like she's still flying.:)

No freaking way! I never knew that existed. I will say, quite proudly, that out of our 16 aircraft assigned to my company, mine was the only one never to get Red X'd* for an entire year.

*Red X is a status that grounds an aircraft until the issue gets fixed, for those who might be mildly curious

Remove ads