• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do mindflayer mindblasts affect constructs and undead?

glass

(he, him)
!

Infiniti2000 said:
I think you are thinking that "mind blast" means "blasting a mind" rather than "blasting with a mind". If you use the second meaning, it's no longer a funny comment, right?
I dunno, I think 'mind affecting effect' is pretty funny all on its own! :D

glass.

Ditch

First Post
mvincent said:
Heh... maybe illithids are called mind-flayers because they flay people with their minds? And what does that say about say, Mindwipe?

Umm.. it wipes you with its mind? I give up. :D

I always thought they were called mind flayers because they flayed your mind, literally.. with tentacles and such... after they used their non-mind-affecting mind blast on you (and your mind).

shilsen

Adventurer
Quasqueton said:
And intellect devourers eat you with their intellect. Right?

A brain collector collects you with its brain.

Quasqueton

Nope. Two similar sounding phrases don't have to mean exactly the same thing. A two-weapon fighter is someone who fights using two weapons. A gnoll fighter can be a gnoll that fights or someone who fights gnolls, not someone who fights using a gnoll.

Quasqueton

First Post
shilsen said:
Nope. Two similar sounding phrases don't have to mean exactly the same thing.
Right. So, does a mind flayer flay you with its mind, or does it flay your mind? Does its mindblast blast you with its mind, or does it blast your mind?

Quasqueton

Quasqueton said:
Right. So, does a mind flayer flay you with its mind, or does it flay your mind? Does its mindblast blast you with its mind, or does it blast your mind?

Quasqueton

1) Both.
2) I think the second.

I've been told I'm a black hole as far as humor goes...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads