Do synergy bonuses stack?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I assume he means as with:
If you have 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (dungeoneering), you get a +2 bonus on Survival checks made while underground.
That the bonus to Survival is only while underground.

Quartz

Hero
Felix said:
Eh?

Would you mind going into further detail with this.
Sure: for example, 5 ranks in Handle Animal normally gives you a +2 bonus on your Ride Skill. But you won't get the bonus if you're not riding an animal, because the skill's not relevant.

Another, more explicit, example is Climb and Use Rope. You only get the bonus to Climb when you're using rope.

A third example is Craft and Appraise: 'if you have 5 ranks in a Craft skill, you get a +2 bonus on Appraise checks related to items made with that Craft skill'.

I could go on.

Felix

Explorer
Quartz said:
Sure: for example, 5 ranks in Handle Animal normally gives you a +2 bonus on your Ride Skill. But you won't get the bonus if you're not riding an animal, because the skill's not relevant.

Another, more explicit, example is Climb and Use Rope. You only get the bonus to Climb when you're using rope.

A third example is Craft and Appraise: 'if you have 5 ranks in a Craft skill, you get a +2 bonus on Appraise checks related to items made with that Craft skill'.

I could go on.
Right, but those are specifically stated in the text.

I thought you might be suggesting that you would only have a +2 to Diplomacy from Know (nobility) when you're talking to nobility. Or a +2 to Intimidate when you're employing some kind of bluff.

Jhulae

First Post
Quartz said:

This is from the synergy section of the Tumble skill.

SRD said:
* If you have 5 or more ranks in Tumble, you get a +2 bonus on Balance and Jump checks.
* If you have 5 or more ranks in Jump, you get a +2 bonus on Tumble checks.

There's no condition attached to either synergy other than having 5 or more ranks in the appropriate skill, hence, they're always active.

Notice the difference from the synergy sections of handle animal and knowledges for example. They state specific conditions under which the synergies apply (like riding an animal or being in a specific terrain for example).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases