• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DM?

Do you GM

• Yes I GM at least occasionally.

Votes: 350 96.2%
  • No, I exclusively (or almost exclusively) play.

Votes: 14 3.8%

khyron1144

First Post
I DM, but my buying habits lean much more towards rulebooks than adventures.

I own notebooks in which I can write fluff text and NPC stats.

I own graph paper on which to plot out dungeons.

I've read enough fantasy fiction to know the tropes of the genre.

Therefore I run mostly a homebrew setting and homebrew adventures.

I ran an adventure from Dungeon once and kind of started running Keep on The Borderlands and the adventure Day of The Octopus, which was included in the Marvel Super Heroes set.

Other than scattered issues of Dungeon, all of my 3.x D&D purchases have been rulebooks.

It's just the way I do things. I'm sure other methods also work.

Harmon

First Post
I did for about twenty five years, then I just stopped. There was a lot of self esteem issues I had to get through, as well some relationship stuff, it kinda took my GMing down to nothing. Then school, my daughter, and being a full time dad (a 24/7 job). I just haven't gotten the interest back (never liked doing it anyways).

Presently I am working on a couple of GURPs 4e campaigns, but I am not sure where they are going.

Hussar

Legend
I DM almost exclusively, but, as of next week, I get to hand the reins over to someone else for a while. It's going to be nice.

Once I get finished my Savage Tide campaign, I'll have to look into this Burning Sky one. One thing at a time. :)

Rawwedge

First Post
I dabbled as a GM for a couple sessions during my AD&D days but mostly as a Player.

I've been playing again for a few years under third edition mostly as a player. I am now starting to make the move towards more GM after a couple more dabbles.

However, my buying habits are changing a lot. I used to buy a great many of the Wizard's products and a handful of third party releases until it got to be too much. I have cut back dramatically on my purchasing lately.

I will be launching a full blown campaign in the near future but the world will be home brew and I will only be purchasing material that aids in the development of my world. I will also likely migrate to C&C rather that take on the migraine of running a 3.5 game.

Wombat

First Post
Judio, ergo sum

(Very bad Latin for, "I am a Ref, thus I exist")

Since picking up OD&D in the mid-70s, I have been The Ref to my local group(s). Most of the time I find myself behind the screen, rather than playing my own character on an adventure. I actually look forward to those times when I am not creating the worlds and the adventures, as it is so much less work! ;)

But for all that and all that, I am first and foremost a GM and ever shall be. :)

Remove ads