• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you run a solo adventure?

Wombat

First Post
JesterPoet said:
I was thinking of running a solo adventure for my wife. So I have a few questions:

1) Do you run a solo adventure?

2) If so, how do you scale it? Do you provide the character with NPC companions a lot? Is it fun?

3) Do you drink Tea, Coffee, both, or neither?

I've run dozens of solo adventures over the years. I've run them using CoC, RuneQuest, Over the Edge, Castle Falkenstein and Ars Magica.

I set up the adventure with the character in mind, scaling everything to what the player wants. Usually I run solos as part of a wider campaign, when one player wants to explore some side of his/her character that wouldn't come up in a standard adventure. Sometimes the player is interested in combat; often it is an emotional or social issue. So "scaling" is a matter of fitting a specific adventure to a specific individual. If the character would logically have "helpers" along, so be it.

I drink coffee if nothing else is available. As for tea, I love keemun, sencha, pinhead gunpowder, and mint leaves. I love my tea and have switched my gamers over to it, as I have no coffee at my apartment, but I do have a very large teapot :D

Trainz

Explorer
Trainz said:
I'm about to start a solo now.

Yesterday, my friend came over and we rolled his character (8th level) and his two cohorts (4th level each). Today, I prepared the adventure. Tomorrow night, we play the first game. Solo gaming is fun !
Wow. We've finished the first game session. It was a BLAST ! I like this solo more than my regular group game.

Awesome !

MonsterMash

First Post
I'm probably going to run some solos soon in addition to my regular group game, but it may depend on whether I start a second group game soon. Lots of useful info from here.

Tea or coffee or herb tea, but not mixed

Got to admit to me solo means one player in a programmed setting or a randomly generated scenario rather than one on one (DM vs Player)

Remove ads