D&D 5E Do you think we'll see revised core books in 2024? (And why I think we will)

Do you think we'll see revised core rulebooks in 2024? And if so, which option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineGod

Legend
I am not sure if you noticed, but mods and their warnings about orc racism discussions
Seriously, that is over reaching. Or you just feel like quoting me for some reason.

I read that sentence you quoted. By all marketing so far, official WoTC D&D 5e remains a fantasy RPG, so certainly fantasy will be the core of D&D5. 1 or even 5 5.

I have backed some Third Party Publishers 5e Kickstarters like Stargate 5e that are a bit SF or Carbon 2185 that is 5e Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
But I would like to point out that arguing from "archetype" is fallacious. "Archetype" is unevidenced. "Archetype" is the conceit of one eccentric Swiss gentleman whose entire body of psychological, philosophical and mystical speculation is just that....speculative. And replete with confirmation bias.

The fact that "archetype"' was popularized by Joseph Campbell, the New Age movement and George Lucas does not make it a real thing.
Nor does it make it a false thing, which you imply by using the word "fallacious." Further, just because you don't like Jung doesn't mean that his ideas aren't relevant (or "fallacious"), not to mention his huge influence. It just likely means you fall on the Freud side of the Freud/Jung divide.

Meaning, feel free to say "I don't like Jung," but to say that using his ideas (which aren't only his ideas - Plato also talked about archetypes, as have many other philosophers and psychologists) is fallacious is, well, fallacious.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Seriously, that is over reaching. Or you just feel like quoting me for some reason.

Mod Note:
The guy was actually trying to help you avoid this red text you are getting now.

You cannot seem to let go of this, and are now dragging it around from one thread to another. Enough, already. You're done in this thread, and I strongly caution you from bringing it up again any time in the near future.

Last edited:

Nor does it make it a false thing, which you imply by using the word "fallacious." Further, just because you don't like Jung doesn't mean that his ideas aren't relevant (or "fallacious"), not to mention his huge influence.

I imply nothing. The fallacy is one of logic. You can infer whatever you like.
It just likely means you fall on the Freud side of the Freud/Jung divide.

It is 2021, not 1921.
Meaning, feel free to say "I don't like Jung,"
I have a great deal of affection for Jung and many other speculative mystics.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow.

Well, it’s official, folks. We can’t have a thread about possible new editions of D&D because obvious reasons.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases