• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Write In Or Modify Your Game Manuals?

sjmiller

Explorer
It may sound a bit odd, but my game books get a different treatment then just about every other book I own. For game books I sometimes write in errata; almost all get my name somewhere; tabs and flags are added for important pages; and large changes are printed out and stuffed in the books. I make sure they get handled carefully, but if they get banged up it is not a big deal.

My other books get different treatment. An ownership card of acid free paper is placed inside the front cover. I learned this from an antique bookseller. Paperbacks generally are read with a nylon book cover to prevent damage. No food or beverages are consumed while reading any book. Clean hands are a must.

I guess for me, game books are meant to be used, and that means that sometimes things happen to them. It doesn't bother me, I just try and take the best care I can without being excessive.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads