D&D 5E Does 5E have to be available as a PDF for you to consider buying it?

Halivar

First Post
If you must. :hmm: Or those solar-powered pocket-sized ones fit nicely in one's "for D&D stuff only" Trapper Keeper, too. :p
It occurs to me that in the 22 years since I last owned a Trapper Keeper, D&D organization has not advanced one iota, and it is something I truly need. I think I'm gonna go buy one.

Do they still make them with race cars on the cover?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
It occurs to me that in the 22 years since I last owned a Trapper Keeper, D&D organization has not advanced one iota, and it is something I truly need. I think I'm gonna go buy one.

Do they still make them with race cars on the cover?

Lol. It's true!

I have no idea. I would imagine you could get them with anything you want on them nowadays.B-)

biotech66

Explorer
For me PDFs are important, but if they are not official, then they will still happen. WotC can either make some money from it, or torrents can make the information available without them. Don't believe me? Look up 4e on the pirate bay. You can get the whole run in complete packages!

I plan to buy the core books eventually (I've got all the hardcovers of each edition, and I'm something of a collector).

PDFs would likely be purchased day of release. Almost all my gaming has moved to digital books these days.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Print, or no sale.

If buying the print copies gives me free access to the same material in digital form then fine. If not, I'm not concerned.

But I won't pay for a pdf - if I spend money then I want something for it that I can hold in my hands, and without having to spend more money (and time) to print it out myself.

Lan-"I'll buy the core 5e books even if I never play the game...just like I did with 4e"-efan

DM Howard

Explorer
I will always buy the hard copies no matter what, but I would love for the PDFs to be available in an official capacity as I think WotC deserves to make money for their work in whatever form it is, and despite pirating I know I'd buy the PDFs out of convenience. In essence, I'd love both, but I'll settle for hard copies, I just think WotC would be missing a great value added opportunity there.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
For me PDFs are important, but if they are not official, then they will still happen. WotC can either make some money from it, or torrents can make the information available without them. Don't believe me? Look up 4e on the pirate bay. You can get the whole run in complete packages!
This is so true. They're not competing with Paizo; they're competing with all the scans that are effortlessly googled. The way to compete with that is to have a better product/service than the pirates offer. Create a service people actually want to use, have better scans, have low prices. So far they're doing it right, except for the last one.

Remove ads