• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone actually like Dragonborn and Tieflings?

Do you like Dragonborn and Tieflings?

• I love them both

Votes: 97 13.3%
  • I like them both

Votes: 228 31.3%
  • I love/like Dragonborn, not so much Tieflings

Votes: 59 8.1%
  • I love/like Tieflings, not so much Dragonborn

Votes: 97 13.3%
  • I dislike them both

Votes: 130 17.8%
  • I hate them both

Votes: 52 7.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 66 9.1%

S'mon

Legend
Anyway, as far as cool goes, I think there are generally agreed upon criteria, which is why a character like The Fonz works. Restraint is one big one. I think tieflings were cooler when they were more subtly abhuman; the new design is too OTT with the enormous horns and the tails. Likewise, a dragon-blooded race that subtly shows its draconic heritage is cooler than bipedal alligators.

Still, I kinda wish I hadn't been suckered by that spam post into posting, this is all just IMO and if you like them, that's fine of course. My personal preference would be to keep the stats but change the appearance.

Eric Tolle

First Post
Anyway, as far as cool goes, I think there are generally agreed upon criteria, which is why a character like The Fonz works.
Those criteria are indeed absolute. And those criteria say I'm cool. So, since I'm cool, and I think the Dragonborn and Tieflings are cool, that then means they are cool.

So you can relax and play with confidence, knowing that your Tiefling wizard is indeed cool. Or, you can simply not worry about whether something's cool or not, and just play the game. Which is cool.

Cryptos

First Post
So... are they cows that do factory farming or people that do factory farming with dairy cows?

I was personally riveted with:

I ant over everybody had the first got off with the fire, another glass.

This is definitely someone who loves their Tieflings!

Or, perhaps just someone who just completely misunderstood the Chaotic Neutral alignment.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Well, our dragonborn fighter saved my eladrin artificer butt last night from a really, really, really peeved off black dragon (who knew that burning down his lair would make him so mad). It almost makes up for earlier that session when he got hit by a mad wraith's touch of chaos and crit'd me.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Teiflings have had a pretty solid place in my campaign setting since my last 2E campaign ended with a demonic invasion that set the stage for my 3E setting, so I wasn't bothered by them being included in the core of 4E. However, I don't like how 4E homogenized the variety out of them. Fortunately, appearance issues are easy to houserule...their actual stats are fine.

Dragonborn...meh...they're okay. I fortunately have a convenient way to work them into my setting, so they aren't really a problem...I just think they're a bit too out there to be a common PC race.

yesnomu

First Post
Are we still talking about this?

After playing as both, I like 'em a lot. I originally for Dragonborn and against Tieflings, but playing a Tiefling Wizard changed my mind. Mechanically, he's very fun, and I get to have great RP situations where I act snooty and arrogant.

I think this racial lineup is the most solid so far, of any edition. Each one (with the possible exception of the half-elf) is mechanically and conceptually unique and has strong areas of competence. I really couldn't be happier.

Remove ads