• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Does anyone have a 'Plastic' template for D20 Science Fantasy?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I's like to get my hands on such a template but it needs to be designed with the regular D20 System in mind, so it is compatible with Dragonstar. (I'm not a huge fan of D20 Modern.)

And if no one has thought of this yet, I'd like to see some attempts here on this thread by my fellow EN Worlders.

Just imagine the possiblities... plastic elf golems anyone?

Other 'plastic' template insanity ideas!

Green Army Men template - Heh!
Lego template - Creatures that can be taken apart and put back together again.
Action Figure template - Yo Joe
Doll template - Barbi and Ken could finally... hmm, better not say it.

Cheers!

KF72

Devon

First Post
To start - what would we set as plastic's Hardness and HP rating? I suspect it would have a low hardness, but high hit points. An inch of plastic could stop quite a bit of damage, but it would show it quite easily.

Plastic things should be more susceptible to heat and flame, less so to cold. Acid would affect it as normal (says an English major, not a chemist).

Dealing a certain amount of fire damage could result in a "stinking cloud" effect as the plastic melts away. One could also set it up so that any fire damage causes a 5' or 10' diameter cloud of toxic vapors -- Fort save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds.

Needless to say, the type would change to "construct."

- Devon

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Robbert Raets said:
This is a totally k3wl idea, mr. Fall!

Mr. Fall!?! Stop it RR, you're going to make me develop an ego? Oh wait, I already have one. :p

Unfortunately, actually designing templates isn't something I have the time for right now. Not to mention the little project I've been helping with has put my wrist back into the 'ouch, the pain' catagory. (But it was worth it!!!)

RR, you should give it shot. (Somebody give it a shot.)

Later (oww!)

KF72

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Okay, so far I've got:
Type: change to Construct
HD: change to d10's
SQ: hardness 5; bonus hp; Immune to Mind-influencing, Poison, Sleep, paralytic, stunning, disease, drowning, choking or Necromantic effects; doesn't have to make Fort saves unless they apply to objects; not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, sneak attacks, ability damage, energy drain or massive damage.
Ab: Str +2, Dex -4, Constructs lack a Constitution score and in some cases Intelligence.
CR: +1?

Bonus HP: Small Plastoids gain 5 bonus hp, medium ones 10 and large 20.

Most constructs have no innate healing and must be repaired rather than healed.

Remove ads