Does this Kickstarter stretch goal multi-track make sense to you?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, important question! Does this "multitracker" system for stretch goals make sense to you? Ignoring the specific numbers for now, just the way it works, is it easy to follow? Different goals are achievable when different targets are hit, but the types of targets aren't necessarily all monetary. The last thing I need to do is confuse people, though!

multi.jpg

Larrin

Entropic Good
Its easier to read than many stretch goal/pledge rewards plots I've seen.

I think it makes sense and can be followed easily provided two things are clear:

1. Current tally of how many copies of each A.G.E.
-( a tracker somewhere that gets updated every few days)

2. How the the number of copies is calculated/increased/decided.
-(is it based on pledge rewards that receive books, an independent pro-order, or a complex sliding scale based on total donations...?)

If those details are clear, I think most backers will be fine.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it makes sense and can be followed easily provided two things are clear:

1. Current tally of how many copies of each A.G.E.
-( a tracker somewhere that gets updated every few days)

That's - literally - the number of pledges for each. You'd be able to see that exactly in real time.

LucasC

First Post
OK, important question! Does this "multitracker" system for stretch goals make sense to you? Ignoring the specific numbers for now, just the way it works, is it easy to follow? Different goals are achievable when different targets are hit, but the types of targets aren't necessarily all monetary. The last thing I need to do is confuse people, though!

Makes sense to me.

MarkB

Legend
I have to say it took me two tries to realise exactly what you meant. My initial interpretation had the left-hand column representing the amount of money raised, and the other two columns representing what you'd do with that money - i.e. "if I get between £10,000 and £15,000 then I'll print at least 501 copies of each book and they'll be colour softcovers with mostly B/W art."

It took a second reading to realise that you were tracking money raised in column A, and respective book-printing volumes independently in columns B and C.

With that in mind, some extra clarity may be helpful, as many people won't go back for that second glance. I'd suggest not tabulating everything together, and presenting each set of stretch goals separately.

Easy as to understand. Crunchy crunch crunch :D

Though with the above comment, just split it into 3 separate but next to each other tables. Then there won;t be the confusion above, we all see things differently.

Remove ads