D&D 5E Does your concern about adding more classes to 5e D&D stem from multiclassing?

Does your concern about adding more classes stem from multiclassing?

• Yes

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 67 54.5%
  • I have no concerns about adding more classes.

Votes: 50 40.7%

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
They're leaving those things to KibblesTasty to make for them, LOL. :)
Yea, that's why I find the arguments about "needing more classes" so tedious. There's hundreds of well-done homebrew classes out there; what some really seem to "need" is for them to be official. People need to stop being so precious about only using WotC material, which isn't any better than good third-party stuff.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Yea, that's why I find the arguments about "needing more classes" so tedious. There's hundreds of well-done homebrew classes out there; what some really seem to "need" is for them to be official. People need to stop being so precious about only using WotC material, which isn't any better than good third-party stuff.
half of the well-done homebrew classes are so convoluted it makes PF look easy to learn, I want official as the design team is less likely to give me something incomprehensible to play.

TwoSix

half of the well-done homebrew classes are so convoluted it makes PF look easy to learn, I want official as the design team is less likely to give me something incomprehensible to play.
Gotta disagree with that. If they're "so convoluted" they make PF look easy, then they probably aren't well designed.

Some good homebrew material does have somewhat higher crunch levels, sure, but that's because a lot of players pursuing new crunch like higher crunch levels. <raises hand>

Mind of tempest

Gotta disagree with that. If they're "so convoluted" they make PF look easy, then they probably aren't well designed.

Some good homebrew material does have somewhat higher crunch levels, sure, but that's because a lot of players pursuing new crunch like higher crunch levels. <raises hand>
anything more complex than the mystic is a bust for me, other people say they are well desgined I should have put in it in quotes.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Well, considering there are literally HUNDREDS of homebrewed classes out there... if only half of them are convoluted then you ipso facto have dozens upon dozens upon dozens of completely comprehensible and quite frankly, actually QUALITY homebrew classes out there for you. You just have to find them. But if you refuse to go looking for it... that's fine, you don't have to... but this is exactly why WotC doesn't feel the need to do it for you instead. What you want IS out there, and WotC knows it. Which is why they aren't bothering to do it too. If they don't want to make a Psion or Warlord and they know there are plenty of quality psions and warlord classes to be found on DMs Guild, then they won't do it.

So you can either go find that class you want over at DMs Guild and play with it right now happily... or you can sit on your hands and cut off your nose to spite your face waiting for WotC to finally get around to it. Best of luck with which side you choose.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I wouldn't mind more classes, I guess? If they want to get rid of subclasses to simplify things, then more classes makes sense...maybe?

I see subclasses as the least confusing or complicated thing about classes, so getting rid of them seems silly.

But I still have no beef with adding a couple-few more classes if they fill design gaps in the class system.

TwoSix

try looking for a good psion and you developed a need for wotc simplicity.
I allow both Laserllama's and Kibbles' Psion class, both are pretty polished and cover a lot of psionic tropes. Laserllama is medium complexity; Kibbles' is a little heavier, and the mechanics are a little more novel, but nothing mystic level.

Mind of tempest

Well, considering there are literally HUNDREDS of homebrewed classes out there... if only half of them are convoluted then you ipso facto have dozens upon dozens upon dozens of completely comprehensible and quite frankly, actually QUALITY homebrew classes out there for you. You just have to find them. But if you refuse to go looking for it... that's fine, you don't have to... but this is exactly why WotC doesn't feel the need to do it for you instead. What you want IS out there, and WotC knows it. Which is why they aren't bothering to do it too. If they don't want to make a Psion or Warlord and they know there are plenty of quality psions and warlord classes to be found on DMs Guild, then they won't do it.

So you can either go find that class you want over at DMs Guild and play with it right now happily... or you can sit on your hands and cut off your nose to spite your face waiting for WotC to finally get around to it. Best of luck with which side you choose.
first I am limited in what I find enjoyable as a class concept and non-convoluted does not me good or balance in is a much smaller sample size, I do not even get to play dnd at the moment so sitting on my hand is all I can do.
when I speak of the convoluted I speak of the psions sadly it seems I will never get to play my blue oyster cult joke psion.

Remove ads