• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does your group celebrate GM's Day?

Does your group celebrate GM's Day?

• Yes, we love our GM

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • No, we show our appreciation at other times

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Never heard of it

Votes: 77 65.3%

• Poll closed .

Laurel

First Post
We will have to see how many times he has killed my PC by then.

Honestly, I had not heard about this before this year. DM actually mentioned it just a few weeks ago. I just thought he was fishing for us to have one night of no complaints, whining, or debates about the rules. Yeah, sometimes I wonder why he wants to DM us as well :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
My group is likely not aware of it, and I am ambivalent towards it, anyway. When we celebrate the GM, it's usually on his/her birthday, and usually by a birthday present that they can use when gaming. On my birthday/christmas in 2001, my group pre-bought me the Call of Cthulhu d20 book, and Masters of the Wild. In 2002, they bought me a ton of fantasy novels that I could not only enjoy but plagarize for adventures; in 2003 they bought me the minis handbook which I still use a bit; and last year, since money was tight we all exchanged some small tokens, but in general some pretty cool stuff.

That reminds me - one of my GMs is having his birthday in a couple of months...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
There is no option for "No, the ungrateful bastards!"

I think they just don't think about it. Yes, they have heard of it; I arranged to get the limited edition of the Ravenloft book for our groups's other DM a couple of years back. Now I'm the DM, but I really can't see myself making a suggestion for myself. That would make me look as shallow as I apparently am.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Most of my players probably never heard of it, and it would be doubly tacky of me to suggest it, since I am the dm AND own the game store.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Although I have, of course, heard of it, I marked "never heard of it" because no one in my group has, nor do I think they would bother with it even if they did know about it.

Remove ads