Doing some research about gaming, care to help?

Kodiak3D

Explorer
RPG Preferences Survey

Quick, easy poll. I'd really appreciate it if the ENWorld community could help me out in a little research I'm doing about gaming and gamers. I may post another poll or two in the future since Surveymonkey only allows 10 questions per poll unless you pay $$ :)

fanboy2000

Adventurer
I took your survey, but one of the questions will, I think give you some bad data. Depending on why you need it, this may not be big thing.

The question about how long you game jumps from 2-4, to all day. My group games for more like 5-6, and I've had several games were that was the norm. I just think you may want to re-word the answer choices to something like 1-4, 5-8, All day, or multiple days.

Just a suggestion.

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
So, I took the survey, but FYI, you need to adjust the brackets of how many people are in your group. You have "5 or less" and then "5-8" and the other options are the same way.

If possible, add more option as to how long game sessions last, because "All Day" is extremely vague and looks like "All Day" is anywhere between 4 and 24 hours.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I started to fill out the survey, but had to quit. As much as I'd like to play, I haven't been able to for a few years now. Most of the questions are geared to one's current ability to play, which negates both my desire to play and over a quarter century of doing so. :eek:

Kodiak3D

Explorer
I'm sorry to hear that, Laprade. I've been in that situation before, wanting to play but unable to do so. I usually watch Conan the Barbarian or Beastmaster :D

Ramen

First Post
you should probably include responses for people who do not have a game or group.

A question about genre would also be good, it would probably need to be open ended like the one about why you play rpg's. The modern time period could cover things like cops, spies, and superheroes while dark ages/medieval could be swords and sorcery, high fantasy, or historic.

Kodiak3D

Explorer
you should probably include responses for people who do not have a game or group.

A question about genre would also be good, it would probably need to be open ended like the one about why you play rpg's. The modern time period could cover things like cops, spies, and superheroes while dark ages/medieval could be swords and sorcery, high fantasy, or historic.

The poll has gone too far now for me to add new questions (plus it's limited to 10 anyway). Perhaps on the next one.

82 of 100 possible responses so far! I really appreciate the help from those who have taken the survey.

jedavis

First Post
Question 10 was somewhat bad also... not sure where sandbox play falls along the continuum of "hack and slash" vs "deeply story-driven", as it is not necessarily either.

Remove ads