• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Don't buy bullets from Monte Cook

glass

(he, him)
Dogbrain said:
Californium is a fairly dense element. Therefore, it would have a lot of momentum.

Californium is a very dense element. It is also radio-active. But ISTM that given equal propulsion, it would be moving slower, so the momentum would not change much.

In fact, if we assume that the 'collision' between the exploding propellant and the bullet is an elastic one, the momentum would be exactly the same! I am no gun expert but I would think that this is approximately true.

glass.

Last edited:

RingXero

Just wanted to point out that explosive rounds do exist, some explode on impact and others are timed/delay fuse, set by the operator on the rifle/computer. The timed ones are for getting shrapnel around cover by shooting above it.

But I think Monte is probably refering to something along the lines of the Nuke50 There is a video of the test at the bottom of the page which you should not miss.

RX

Vocenoctum

First Post
glass said:
Californium is a very dense element. It is also radio-active. But ISTM that given equal propulsion, it would be moving slower, so the momentum would not change much.

Californium's okay, but no where near as good as Unobtanium. I'd tell you about it, but since you can't get any, there's no point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads