• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doom Guard Conversions?

Wikid Klown

First Post
Hello! I have another post, and heard about a monster that would serve as a nice guard. Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have a conversion for a Doom Guard? It's from 1e, but I heard about one of it's abilities and liked it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Trencher said:
The doom guard is from the ravenloft setting and is now called dread guard.
you can find it in monster manual 2 page 87
I found it! Not the one - Doom Gruard is from All The World's Monsters vol 2 (1e book published in 1977) created by Dave Hardgrave. It was a 1-24 HD monster.

Description: A magically animated suit of dull black plated armor. Its DEX is always equal to that of it most dexterous opponent. The Doom Guard is completely imune to fire, lighting, FEAR, paralsis, confusion, and all charms. Cold does half damage and slowes it down. The Doom Guard can teleport at will. The only way to kill a Doom Guard is to dismember it and will continue to fight a full effectiveness until killed. When successfuly struck by an enemy, the Doom Guard divides itself into two new Doom Guards, each of which has the same number of hit points as their parent Doom Guard had after it was stuck.

Hand of Evil said:
I found it! Not the one - Doom Gruard is from All The World's Monsters vol 2 (1e book published in 1977) created by Dave Hardgrave. It was a 1-24 HD monster.

Description: A magically animated suit of dull black plated armor. Its DEX is always equal to that of it most dexterous opponent. The Doom Guard is completely imune to fire, lighting, FEAR, paralsis, confusion, and all charms. Cold does half damage and slowes it down. The Doom Guard can teleport at will. The only way to kill a Doom Guard is to dismember it and will continue to fight a full effectiveness until killed. When successfuly struck by an enemy, the Doom Guard divides itself into two new Doom Guards, each of which has the same number of hit points as their parent Doom Guard had after it was stuck.

Sounds simular to the Zodar. I think that is in the MM2.

Filby

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Sounds simular to the Zodar. I think that is in the MM2.

Yeah, it is... although the zodar is more of a "living construct" a la the warforged from Eberron, even though it doesn't have the subtype. It's originally from one of the 2E Spelljammer Monstrous Compendiums.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads