Downloading subscribers content problem

Hi there.

I have a problem downloading subscriber's content. Whenever I try to do so, the filename always ends up being "local_links.php". In addition, it is not a usable file (being a .php rather than a .pdf). The only work-around I have found is to open the file in the browser (by left-clicking on the link) then save it. Even there, the default filename is always "local_links.pdf", which at least is a .pdf that Acrobat can recognize. However, this work-around doesn't work so well with the larger files (it takes a loooong time to open large files).

Please help. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have some setting screwed up? If it helps, I use Windows XP and Firefox.

Thanks in advance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What are you clicking on? If you right click on the download icon next to the title and select "save as" you should be able to download it to your desktop.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How odd. I've not heard of that happening before. Do you have IE installed? Could you try it with that browser and let me know if the problem is still there?

Son of a #####! It worked! Thanks, Morrus!

Of course, the question now is, why? I have had no trouble downloading from other web sites using Firefox, so why doesn't it work on EN World?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I use Firefox and I had the same issue. I just opened the downloads in a new tab and saved them from there, renaming the documents.

Remove ads