• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm not using that chain shirt +1, we can sell it if no one wants it. Even with +1, my breast plate is stronger.

Now that we have breast plate +1, I have breast plate and chain shirt +1 up for grabs.

If you don't call it, I'll sell it in 48 hours :)

Axel

First Post
Sorry, small people still taking up loads of my time. Haven't even put level 7 into the RG yet. :S

If we found an enchanted mithril chain shirt, Mhairi would happily (delightedly!) swap that out for her unenchanted version. I have a vague memory of Doc Dav's rapier being +1 bane vs humans, but have nothing to base that on.

Some random-ish items I'd like to pick up for Mhairi (checking for over-the-topness and general availability) below. No great desire to up-size weapons/armour beyond what we've found. Love to keep using the silvered dagger if Manachan's OK (it's very pretty!), and happy to use the "good" Doc's pokin' stick too.
- Cloak of elvenkind.
- Universal solvent (needs to be in every party, like a 10' pole...)
- Dust of tracelessness.
- Ring of invisibility (yeah right...maybe if I rolled a natural 20 on sleight of hand to steal it...).
- Mundane but "fun" stuff from the equipment list (thunderstones, tanglefoot bags etc)

Mhairi is more than happy to fence any and all 'distinctive' items. More money is better than less money, right? Any bulk cash she has leftover will probably be partially spent on (a) having a good time and (b) setting up a network of informants, spies etc so she knows wtf is going on in this city again.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Since the characters have some time to identify the items, I'll fill in the gaps:

The doctor's masks are plaguebringer masks - they grant a +2 resistance bonus to saves vs. nauseating scents and grant immunity to blood veil, as well as masking the wearer's alignment as neutral.

Doctor Davaulus' magical gear - +1 human bane rapier, potion of remove disease, flask of curses (the one labelled "elixir of true healing", that scamp), +1 muthral shirt, +1 amulet of natural armour.

Rolth's magical gear - wand of magic missile (43 charges, CL3rd), cloak of resistance +1, headband of intellect +2, ring of protection +1, unguent of timelessness (6 doses), 6 onyxes worth 25gp each.

Priests of urgathoa each have a potion of cure moderate wounds, a masterwork scythe and a breastplate.

Lady Andaisin - +1 vicious scytge, +1 breastplate, colaf of resistance +2, proprietery brand wisdom-increasing headband +2, onyx holy symbol worth 200 gp.

Other treasure - wand of cure serious wounds (37 charges), wand of remove disease (8 charges), three blocks incense of meditation, 2 hand candelabras worth 150 gp each, exotic incense worth 450 gp, 23 onyx gems worth 50 gp each, four healer's kits, three potions of cure moderate wounds, onyx skull worth 35 gp, 12 bottles of rare wine worth 14 gp each and coins to the value 11 pp, 40 gp, 58 sp, 160 cp.

Neurotic

I don't remember headband of intellect from the treasure...anyone needs that? Int is my casting stat. But I understand that I already have magic armor and cloak (and now a ring from Manachan) so feel free not to give this to me :)

I'm adding to the treasure pile masterwork breast plate

Kaodi

Hero
What skill does the headband grant ranks in?

Anyway, hmmm... If we can fence all the Maiden and Urgathoan gear (other than the potions) that would be 6 x (1650 + 7 + 315 + 100 + 200 + 318) x 50% = 7770 gp, plus the fenced value of Andaisin's scythe = 4009 gp, split four ways is 2994 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp apiece. With that much money I could afford a +1 agile breastplate which would offer a +2 bonus over the magical chain shirt. Assuming we can get that much from the gear, that is.

I think for story reasons Ignatius will keep hold of the unholy symbol of Urgathoa, until it can be properly disposed of. We can keep our hands on masks aplenty for us, and distribute the rest to our allies.

Edit: If time passes, we could probably assume that Ignatius uses up the healer's kits in the course of treating the people of Korvosa for Blood Veil. That is, after all, primarily what he will be doing with any down time he has.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I was about to suggest we take healer kits to the temple, but if you'll use them, then by all means.

Plenty of money for improving my AC : armor +1 ring +2 (improved) and defensive weapon + expertise bonus...I'm guessing I'll be around Manachans 21 :)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Anyway, hmmm... If we can fence all the Maiden and Urgathoan gear (other than the potions) that would be 6 x (1650 + 7 + 315 + 100 + 200 + 318) x 50% = 7770 gp, plus the fenced value of Andaisin's scythe = 4009 gp, split four ways is 2994 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp apiece. With that much money I could afford a +1 agile breastplate which would offer a +2 bonus over the magical chain shirt. Assuming we can get that much from the gear, that is.

This plus the Wand of CSW might make a difference in Manachan's purchases (he'll still "sell" the ring to Edmund!). Back to pondering . . .

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, sales and purchases as before, but adding a Lesser Metamagic Rod (Extend). Each morning Manachan will cast extended Mage Armor and extended Raiment of Command on himself (so duration will be 14 hours on each).

Remove ads