• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Fair enough. I was just curious. Dj'hân likewise has little to add until the party is rid of its prisoners. Incidentally, did Edmond confiscate the potion?

Rule question: is it possible to execute something that requires standard action as part of full attack?
Not normally no.

SRD said:
Full Attack
If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks.

Full-Round Actions
A full-round action requires an entire round to complete. Thus, it can’t be coupled with a standard or a move action, though if it does not involve moving any distance, you can take a 5-foot step.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eh? Who's the monk in this game?

As that's part of an attack option, I'd allow it, though. I'd certainly allow a full attack progression to go something like Feint/Disarm Attack/Standard Attack for example, so I'd include Stunning Fist in the list of doable things.

Other "Standard Action" things like activate a magic item, etc... no, because they aren't part of an attack maneuvre.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
No monk here, I play monk in one other game that HAS multiple attacks and it might be important. At 2nd level not so since full attack is same as standard attack except for flurying. And it might become important for swordsage as some maneuvers are standard actions

Ambrus

Explorer
And thus, monk who wants to use stunning attack must use single attack in the whole round?!
No. There's nothing in the Stunning Feat description that says it requires a standard action to use. It only states that its use has to be declared before you roll to hit with your unarmed attack and then it adds an effect (Fortitude save or be stunned) to the damage suffered; though it does say it can't be used more than once per round.

So stunning fist is simply part of an attack action and doesn't preclude you from performing a full round action to gain multiple attacks; no special house rules required. ;)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
though it does say it can't be used more than once per round.

Isn't that one and the same stating that it can be used only as part of single attack ? Or once per round means something else?

Maybe it's some difference in my understanding of english language? It wouldn't be first time that such happened :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
It means it can only be added to one attack per round, but it doesn't preclude other attacks (as part of a full round action of iterative attacks) that *don't* use stunning fist. So you got an attack bonus of +11/+6/+1, you can apply Stunning Fist to your +11 attack, than make your +6 and +1 attacks as normal. +11/+6 as normal and add it to the +1, if you want.

Ambrus

Explorer
Yay! More xp! :D

I was wondering whether the group can accept payment in platinum rather than gold; six pounds of gold is a lot for a little guy to lug around. ;) Incidentally, what are platinum pieces called in Korsova?

Also, I wanted to ask Neurotic and Oni what tact Edmond and Lynn wanted to take in regards to the weapons our group confiscated from Verrek and the guards; four long swords, their crossbows and bolts, Verrek's magic silver dagger, his magic arrows as well as the potion he was carrying. Are they of a mind to keep them or turn them in? Dj'hân will naturally follow their lead, but likely would keep the silver dagger/sword he'd picked up otherwise.

Remove ads