• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Draconomicon question

Drachenherz

First Post
Under the Dragoncraft Items section, the subsection dealing with Dragonfang Weapons states that the weight is 2lbs. However, this does not follow into the Magic Items:Weapons section, where the Longspear is described as 9 lbs. and the Greatsword is described as 15 lbs. Since bone (including teeth and claws) is substantially lighter than steel, can someone tell me how much the actual weight reduction really is? This is a bone of contention (pardon the pun) among many people I know, since no 2 groups can come to the same conclusion.

shilsen

Adventurer
If you're referring to the Blade of Dragondoom and Longspear of Piercing, neither of them are dragonfang weapons, so there's no discrepancy.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Shilsen is right. None of those forged are dragon bone weapons. They are just weapons that are used for fighting dragons, NOT made out of dragon stuff.

Laman Stahros

First Post
Alright, those are not dragoncraft weapons, but, what is the proper weight for a dragonfang bastardsword then? Normal bastardsword weighs 6 pounds (PHB table 7-5 p. 117). Dragonfang weapons are 2 pounds (Draconomicon p. 118 top left corner). Does this mean that all dragonfang weapons, no matter the base weight, weight 2 pounds? This does not make sense to me.

Just in case someone wonders, I'm DMing the campaign that Drachenherz is joining.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sure if you believe it should be lighter than normal. Me I just say "They get special abilities but not necessarily the weight equivalancies/improvements"

shilsen

Adventurer
Laman Stahros said:
Dragonfang weapons are 2 pounds (Draconomicon p. 118 top left corner). Does this mean that all dragonfang weapons, no matter the base weight, weight 2 pounds? This does not make sense to me.

As written - yes, all dragonfang weapons weigh 2 lbs. I think it is reasonable to house-rule that :)

godfear

Explorer
Another Draconomicon Question

Same Book, Different Question.

Under the Snatch and Swallow feat description (p. 73), it refers you to the chart (p. 74) for how much damage is needed for a swallowed creature to cut its way out of the dragon's stomach, but there is no such entry on the chart. Where might I find this information?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads