3PP Release Draft Sports rules for A5e (and 5e)

..."one of the winners"? if it's the poll i'm thinking of, there were two options, and this one lost by more then double, lol.

that said, neat.

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
ah, fair enough then.

It does seem to be the custom here to openly express doubts about my honesty. Goodness.

What a... unique... perspective. I guess we all have different life experiences. 🤷

If someone says something I don't understand I ask them about it. If I make a mistake, I say sorry.

Hmm.....Professional Athlete (Background) for those who are truly dedicated to a particular sport. Playoff Champion (Destiny). Sports Culture (Culture) for the fans of a particular sport.

FYI, I am not into any sports in RL. 😋 This was a moment of Bardic Inspiration. 😋

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
Hmm.....Professional Athlete (Background) for those who are truly dedicated to a particular sport. Playoff Champion (Destiny). Sports Culture (Culture) for the fans of a particular sport.

FYI, I am not into any sports in RL. 😋 This was a moment of Bardic Inspiration. 😋
Those are some very interesting ideas!

I think I really enjoyed playing a paladin of excellence in a game because they were so athletic. Makes me a little sad that I was so thoroughly turned off sport as a kid.

And now A5e has the Exalted Athlete archetype for the Adept class. ;)

There should be a forum thread on what kind of sports (mundane, magical, or hybrid) could exist in D&D/Level Up setting. ;)

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
My focus for this project was on creating sports that fit Elysia.

In my original blog on sports (with several thousand reads) here are the team sports I point out as fitting the eras of inspiration.

Fantasy sports in Appendix N type things
  • phandrel (team chasing-and-destination)
  • quidditch (multiball, seeking, multigoals, flying)
  • welters (chess with magical violence)
  • Mage Tower and Silk Ball (from Strixhaven with very little description of either)

Last edited:

Remove ads