Dragon 404 & Dungeon 195 ToC Are Up

Grydan

First Post
For a "savory blend of Oriental intrigue and Halloween terror", there isn't much Halloween on the menu for Dragon. Looks like most of that is over in Dungeon.

More support for the Assassin and Monk is welcome, especially unarmed monks.

Pour

First Post
I think Dragon has the potential to knock it out of the park this month. Truthfully, everything save the Confessions holds interest for me.

If Ecology of the Hengeyokai is in Dragon but the Ecology of the Banderhobb in Dungeon, does that suggest there will be some player options for animal PCs? I truly hope so, as that comes up once or twice in every single one of my long-term campaigns, and though we manage just fine, it'd be cool to get a WotC treatment.

Dungeon looks good, too, but I guess I'm still noticing the lack of Epic adventures. I know, I know, still beating that dead horse, but come Octover they're still direly needed. Love the concepts presented, though.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'll admit to not being all that into the Oriental Adventures thing, but I'm sure there will be some good refluffable mechanics in most if not all those articles. More support for Runepriests and Monks are welcome in pretty much any form.

I'm also quite curious about the martial arts article and how that will work. Every time this has been tried in D&D it has seemed quite awkward.

That said, Dungeon looks fantastic this month! I just love Halowe'en.

I'm disappointed that the Injury Cards that got bumped from last month didn't appear in October though. Maybe they'll slot it into November as a surprise birthday present for me. :)

Or maybe it was so good they decided to hold it for a published product? :D

Shroomy

Adventurer
I think Dragon has the potential to knock it out of the park this month. Truthfully, everything save the Confessions holds interest for me.

If Ecology of the Hengeyokai is in Dragon but the Ecology of the Banderhobb in Dungeon, does that suggest there will be some player options for animal PCs? I truly hope so, as that comes up once or twice in every single one of my long-term campaigns, and though we manage just fine, it'd be cool to get a WotC treatment.

Dungeon looks good, too, but I guess I'm still noticing the lack of Epic adventures. I know, I know, still beating that dead horse, but come Octover they're still direly needed. Love the concepts presented, though.

I wrote the "Ecology of the Hengeyokai" article, and yes, it does include options for playing a hengeyokai PC.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
They're bringing back the fighting styles from Mad Monkey vs. Dragon Claw! Score!

Samurai! Ninjas! Sohei! An honor system!

Looking like a good month for Dragon!

the Jester

Legend
Man, I miss the days of Paizo putting a low, mid and high-level adventure in every issue.

Instead we get two heroic tier adventures.... because we certainly haven't seen enough heroic support in the last year.

*bangs head on wall*

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
I must say, I am looking forward to EVERY article in Dragon this month. Congrats, Shroomy, on the Hengeyokai article. Hopefully there are lots of different types in the article.

I need to work on article proposals for Dragonlance so they can do a month similar to what they are doing for Kara-Tur.

Remove ads