Dragon 404 & Dungeon 195 ToC Are Up

Congrats, Shroomy!

I'm giddy that my Runepriest article is finally out. In no small part because I also did the art for it! :)
You multi-talented devil you. Don't we just hate guys like you ;) 'Grats. Shroomy too. The OA stuff should be fun. Definitely gotta dust off some very dusty parts of my campaign world... Definitely slanting towards fantasy Japan being the abode of the Dragonborn though. It is just too good to pass up.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Congrats, Shroomy!

I'm giddy that my Runepriest article is finally out. In no small part because I also did the art for it! :)

That should be a fine article then. I'm planning on submitting some articles, I kinda hope you do the art for some of them. PM me if you'd be interested in the details.

the Jester

Legend
I think it's awesome that there is finally gonna be a little support for the runepriest. The PH3 classes have a lot of potential, and it's cool to see a little somethin somethin for one of them.

SSquirrel

Explorer
I agree about the Runepriest getting more support. Sadly, given the shift toward more Essentials style classes, a lot of the later classes have gotten less support. Finishing the 2nd round of power source books would help with that.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Though they are not listed on the Dungeon ToC, Greg Bilsland said that this month's MM Updates were going to be Kara-Tur themed. Given that theme, I'm guessing that we'll be getting updates of the Oni and Naga, since the Rakshasa has already been done in the MV.

WalterKovacs

First Post
I agree about the Runepriest getting more support. Sadly, given the shift toward more Essentials style classes, a lot of the later classes have gotten less support. Finishing the 2nd round of power source books would help with that.

They've moved away from doing X Power to instead do the 'new' power source books (Heroes of Shadow, Heroes of the Feywild, Elemental Heroes). Instead, they've committed to using Dragon articles as a means of supporting individual classes when they can.

SSquirrel

Explorer
They've moved away from doing X Power to instead do the 'new' power source books (Heroes of Shadow, Heroes of the Feywild, Elemental Heroes). Instead, they've committed to using Dragon articles as a means of supporting individual classes when they can.

The question is how many more power sources are they planning to give us? Are we going to get a Heroes of X for every keyword imaginable? I don't see this as a very deep well honestly. These new books are related to the different areas they revamped things into in 4E. Feywild, Shadowfell, Elemental Chaos, etc. What is left? The Planes?

They really need articles w/help for classes like the Seeker that just plain suck. Make all the classes feel like they do their job well and be fun, b/c some right now (Vampire, Seeker) are certainly very inferior. I still say it won't be long before the Heroes of X line is done and then we're left either waiting for more support in Dragon, which is not the most consistent as far as timeframes go or else they start back in on the X Power line. Runepriest has been out for how long now and it's just finally gotten its first bit of extra support? That's really sad.

The question is how many more power sources are they planning to give us? Are we going to get a Heroes of X for every keyword imaginable? I don't see this as a very deep well honestly. These new books are related to the different areas they revamped things into in 4E. Feywild, Shadowfell, Elemental Chaos, etc. What is left? The Planes?

They really need articles w/help for classes like the Seeker that just plain suck. Make all the classes feel like they do their job well and be fun, b/c some right now (Vampire, Seeker) are certainly very inferior. I still say it won't be long before the Heroes of X line is done and then we're left either waiting for more support in Dragon, which is not the most consistent as far as timeframes go or else they start back in on the X Power line. Runepriest has been out for how long now and it's just finally gotten its first bit of extra support? That's really sad.

We already KNOW what the power sources are, they've been listed since PHB1. They've never suggested going outside that list, and even trimmed out 'ki'. Basically Elemental is the last power source to be covered. I'm doubting they're going to invent any more entirely new power sources at this point.

Runepriest have now had 2 articles BTW, there was a class acts Lost Runes of Unmaking in Dragon 394 Class Acts. Not that that is a LOT by any means, but it is more than nothing.

Remove ads