Dragon 406 and Dungeon 197 ToC is Up!

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Just out of curiosity, does the author have any say in the art order for the article, or is that solely in the hands of the art director?

The author usually turns in two or three art suggestions with the manuscript. Obviously, those suggestions are then filtered through an art director; however, in my experience, at least one of the author's ideas makes it into the final article. For example, the cover for this month's Dungeon is an art suggestions I turned in for Heart of the Scar.

BD

Klaus

First Post
Just out of curiosity, does the author have any say in the art order for the article, or is that solely in the hands of the art director?
Usually, the writer is given the image size (say, "1/3rd vertical") and writes a brief art order. That goes to the producers, who work in tandem with the art director in putting together the final order (which may or may not match the one written by the author). And even then, the art director and the artist might come up with another idea that works better.

For instance, I wrote the art order for the Kara-Tur Runepriest. When I was chosen to be the artist as well, the art order was slightly different. As I did the sketches matching the art order given, I also had a different idea that might work. Indeed, that new idea ended up being the final image.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Are the articles still not being compiled? As in is it still just one article at a time no compiled issue PDF (the reason why I cancelled)
Unfortunately, yes. This also has the added disadvantage that you have no way of telling if and when a single article has been updated.

The ridiculous 20 characters limit in the CB is also still in place... :mad:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases