• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Dragon 421 is up! Level-by-level Multiclassing for 4e; Dragonlance Items; Draconian!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Mmmm, that's some segsy multiclassing rules. Clearly 4e wasn't built with this in mind, but it is still something I kind of want to try.

There also appears to be no limit on multiclass feats or hybriding with this...hmmmmmm....hahahaha.

Raistrox

First Post
Claudio, your art is GREAT for this article! I submitted a similar article, but with more items, got to the point of sending in an initial draft, they sat on it for 6 months before telling me I wasn't in, and now I see why, they had one of WOTC people do the article.

Did anyone else find the Dragonlance magic items to be totally overpowered for the stated level? They had cool flavor but just seemed way over the top compared to similar level rare items. Seems they should have been higher level and/or artifacts/relics rather than rare magic items.

The thing I don't like about the levels that they presented in the article, is that they are ALL way over-powered compared to the levels that the Heroes of the Lance had at the time. Rabbitslayer is a level 19 item, and all it does is come back to you???? Really?? There is nothing in the article that is even CLOSE to being a low-leveled item that the Companions would have had access to at the beginning of the Chronicles novels.

In the article I presented (which includes all of these items, and a lot more, including the Bloodstone of Fistandantilus, the Dragonlance of Huma, the Crown of Power-in it's form used by the Kingpriest and the form used by Ariakas during the WotL, and more items), most items that were not artifacts (which I listed the Staff of Magius, the Blue Crystal Staff, Dragonlance of Huma, and both versions of the Crown of Power as being artifacts) were leveled items, meaning that there could be more of the item out there, in varying levels of power. The ones that the Heroes used were just the most famous. Leveled items in my article include Rabbitslayer, the Dragonlance, Kender Spoon of Turning, and Wyrmslayer.

If anyone is interested in my version of Magic Items of Krynn, send me a PM and I can email the article to you!

Pour

First Post
Mmmm, that's some segsy multiclassing rules. Clearly 4e wasn't built with this in mind, but it is still something I kind of want to try.

There also appears to be no limit on multiclass feats or hybriding with this...hmmmmmm....hahahaha.

I'd be open to trying them if I were starting a game from level one, but when two of my players asked to respec their level 24 characters using these rules I had to say no.

Remove ads