Dragon Age

weem

First Post

Yea... from their site...

"....The Dragon Age pen and paper RPG will be available at card shops, and book and comic retailers in summer 2009...."

Guess it was delayed, or was this a typo I wonder?

From what I gathered in the forums, sounds like pre-order might be available this month, but there is still no firm release date. I'm really interested in checking this one out.

From what I have heard in podcasts etc it was supposed to be released at the same time as the game but obviously didn't happen. It is going to be very old school in production, boxed set for first few levels then more advanced boxed sets released latter, think BECMI. Obviously, like WFRP, trying to get more mainstream by looking more like a board game, a good idea for fresh blood IMO.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Will there be stances, mana points/stamina, etc?

Because that was cool idea.

I think there meduim (as opposed to high) magic rules are interesting (no teleport, no true revival spells [which is why people get injured in combat not dead], excetra).

No Scry/Die since Wizards can't teleport in to kill you.

Dire Bare

Legend
I haven't purhcased the game yet, but I have explored Bioware's official site, and the teased world design alone has blown me away!

You'll improve your game world and campaigns if you just read through all the fun stuff on the site!

Dragon Age Origins - Home

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
I haven't purhcased the game yet, but I have explored Bioware's official site, and the teased world design alone has blown me away!

You'll improve your game world and campaigns if you just read through all the fun stuff on the site!

Dragon Age Origins - Home

DA:O has a lot of good points - much more then I thought there'd be - but the world design is not one of them. It's just stock fantasy setting #204 with a few names changed :hmm:

Remove ads